Destination Excellence

dchawk81

Supporter
Reminds me of a recent Amazon pickup I had. Driver had to do a u-turn and my bobtail was in the way. He insisted on me backing up (which would put me still in the way of not only him but other drivers) so he could turn instead of letting me past him so I'd be 100% out of the way of everyone AND able to grab my trailer (I was headed to the far end of the lot where there wasn't anyone else).

Needless to say, I got past him.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Reminds me of a recent Amazon pickup I had. Driver had to do a u-turn and my bobtail was in the way. He insisted on me backing up (which would put me still in the way of not only him but other drivers) so he could turn instead of letting me past him so I'd be 100% out of the way of everyone AND able to grab my trailer (I was headed to the far end of the lot where there wasn't anyone else).

Needless to say, I got past him.
The stupidity of some people just amazes me.

dchawk81

Supporter
The stupidity of some people just amazes me.
Yeah. He thought I was being rude but I'm like dude. I'll be over here moving my truck constantly to adapt to you. If you give me 2 more feet I can squeeze by and you can take all the time and space you need, and I can get the f outta here with my load.

I'm in and out in 20 minutes at that place. No sense waiting for someone who might struggle and putting unnecessary pressure on him.

It's a win for everyone. I think it finally clicked once he backed up two feet and I took off. 😂

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Well, to address the handicapped parking issue. I was at a service plaza and this truck pulls in. No big deal.
The guy gets out and I can't see that from my sight line but he goes rolling across the parking lot in a wheel chair I **** you not!
They did a big write up on the guy that I saw but I can't find that article.
Here is a different one. Trucker Refuses to Stop his Career Because of Wheelchair

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
Well, to address the handicapped parking issue. I was at a service plaza and this truck pulls in. No big deal.
The guy gets out and I can't see that from my sight line but he goes rolling across the parking lot in a wheel chair I **** you not!
They did a big write up on the guy that I saw but I can't find that article.
Here is a different one. Trucker Refuses to Stop his Career Because of Wheelchair
But being an over weight swift driver who walked on his own two feet...eh. I dunno if that qualifies as handicapped

However dude driving in the wheel chair I have seen his write up before, he ain’t handicapped he’s handicapeable.

dchawk81

Supporter
But being an over weight swift driver who walked on his own two feet...eh. I dunno if that qualifies as handicapped

However dude driving in the wheel chair I have seen his write up before, he ain’t handicapped he’s handicapeable.
I think being a Swift driver qualifies as handicapped.

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
I dunno why. I'm more amazed when I see someone not be stupid the way the world is. I have so little faith I look every which way walking across a lot of angled pull throughs for **** sakes.
I look both ways before crossing a one way street...I’m just saying man...I dunno he was impressively stupid. I was pulled up and he chose to leave his parking spot. I was there before he moved, he had plenty of room to make the turn had he not decided to pull straight into my truck. Then it was some how my fault...just baffles me. Oh well **** em.

Hillbilly Canuck

I look both ways before crossing a one way street...I’m just saying man...I dunno he was impressively stupid. I was pulled up and he chose to leave his parking spot. I was there before he moved, he had plenty of room to make the turn had he not decided to pull straight into my truck. Then it was some how my fault...just baffles me. Oh well **** em.
How are you baffled though? You've literally seen trucks that have hit 10 and 11 foot bridges. Stupidity knows no bounds.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
1880B735-DEF1-46A5-9BD3-2E5D1826C1C9.jpeg93467E75-ACAE-4820-98AA-819A6519171F.jpeg
Ok. I have questions. The hunski is a “benjamin”, correct?

So who’s on the twenty?

Also, “making it rain”, what are the appropriate bills to use?

Hillbilly Canuck