Desition, desition. What to get KW or Pet.

elboriqua

Like I stated before I'm going to get back on the road but with the prices I see on the good old Pet and KW I'm like wow those puppy's haven't dipritiated to much. But looking at newer one with 400 hp and a 10 speed or 450 13 speed etc. I was us to the good old cat 500 hp plus with 13, 18 speed not this. I'm looking to get out there and run, maybe out west and into the Tennessee Gearga are were there may be some maintain. So are this newer pups can handle as well?

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
It's a retired Fleet truck.

Want something practical, go to Freightliner in salt lake City and get an old pride transportation truck.

Best spec'd trucks on the road right now unless you go buy a new glider.

elboriqua

Hey what happen to Tazz comment earlier? Guys I'm just an old trucker that got off the road years ago. And I can almost bet some of you were not born yet and some were in diper. Let me tellyou this, I know about glider. I was one of erlyest person to work on glider truck back in 1990 when Fitzgerald started I think he started in 1989. You se by then I was driving semi. Just before the CDL. Was implemented. Guys all I want is to get the wright truck for the road. I don't know **** about this newer truck with the technology that there is now. I'm just wondering if a newer Pit or KW performed better with the smaller motor.

Max_Truck

Hi, let's look, for example, 2005 year of manufacture, the price is pleasant enough, I saw such old one KW W900L. If you buy very old truck, that's for sure, you will spend soooo much money to take it on the road. It's better to purcahse something middle and dont have lots of issues with it. Moreover, you may take a loan or smth like that, nowadays dealer centres offers really beneficial conditions.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Hi, let's look, for example, 2005 year of manufacture, the price is pleasant enough, I saw such old one KW W900L. If you buy very old truck, that's for sure, you will spend soooo much money to take it on the road. It's better to purcahse something middle and dont have lots of issues with it. Moreover, you may take a loan or smth like that, nowadays dealer centres offers really beneficial conditions.
You'll have plenty of issues with an emissions engine of that vintage. I'd never advise anyone to purchase one of those POS turds.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
If you go Cummins engine in either it's all about what body and interior you want. I would recommend staying away from the PACCAR engine as they are still very buggy.

If your used to running a 500+ hp pre emissions cat you won't be happy with any engine on the market today.