DD15 Injectors

Hello all. I'm a newbie here so if my posts break any "posting rules", pls forgive me. I'd like to pick the brains of the collective wisdom here...im new to trucking, only had my license for about a year, am an owner op out of Tn, it's been a trial by fire at times but I've had a lot of people help me out along the way and so far I'm doing pretty good. I enjoy driving, I'm 60yo and programmed industrial computer systems in my old life so a computer operated engine is right down my alley.
I drive a 2011 cascadia and want to do an injector job on it. The computer showed a couple of them were "off" a little. Doing the work is no problem, I've done lots of Powerstroke injectors and these DD15 Injectors are very similiar, actually it's probably an easier job vs a powerstroke.
I was wondering if someone could give me a lead on where to buy injectors. I see them all over EBay at decent prices but don't want to get taken to the cleaners on something that's a Bosch knock-off. I appreciate your help in advance, I'm a pretty decent wrench too.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Get Bosch new. You'll be money ahead for it.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
These injector in the DD 15 are nothing like power stroke injectors. Your talking HEUI vs Common Rail. That being said. To pull the job off, you will need a 19mm crows foot to install and torque the fuel lines and you will need all the pass thru gaskets as they are a 1 time use. If you remove the lines from the high pressure pump to the rail those are a one time use.

I wasn't aware DD15 injectors had hit the after market. And with you describing them as similar to power stroke make sure your not looking at series 60 injectors.

And when it comes to a DD I would only recommend Detroit parts as putting other stuff even off brand filters tend to mess with them.

Latest posts