Daylight savings time.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #1
Daylight savings time sucks!
Here is why. The sun goes down way too late in the evening, That is annoying.
Everyone telling you that your clocks need to be turned back. There is not a clock that I use that needs to be turned back. Turning clocks back isn't a first world problem:harumph:
Some states and provinces just said, **** it. We are not turning our clocks back.:thefinger:

What bothers you the most about having to conform with other peoples dictatorship of what time it should be, or even post about how freaking irritating the sun is :thumbsup:

krelithous

Supporter
Everyone telling you that your clocks need to be turned back. There is not a clock that I use that needs to be turned back. Turning clocks back isn't a first world problem:harumph:
Some states and provinces just said, **** it. We are not turning our clocks back.:thefinger:

What bothers you the most about having to conform with other peoples dictatorship of what time it should be, or even post about how freaking irritating the sun is :thumbsup:
get one of those atomic clocks:D

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Haha I woke up late Sunday because I forgot Arizona don't change their time and I set my alarm an hour head to compensate..oops.

GAnthony

Supporter
Haha I woke up late Sunday because I forgot Arizona don't change their time and I set my alarm an hour head to compensate..oops.
well, at least you found another "compensation"

(((ME)))

I have not set a clock in years forward or backward....as for alarm clocks don't set those either....Only place that clocks change here is on the computer, cell phone or tablet. Never did think much of the idea to start with....Because sun and moon going to come up and go down no matter the time.

Silverwolf

I don't like it. I see no reason it needs to exist. I never knew they did that in the US. I thought we up here in BC were the only ones that have to suffer this stupidity. Being the only province in Canada to participate, I figured we were the only ones in North America to do it. Hahaha. Glad were not the only idiots!

Mike

Staff member
I like it when we go forward, just wish we would stay there. Better to wake up while it is dark, rather than be working after it gets dark.

Agent_Z

It was originally put in place to save candle wax ... Longer days meant more light, and less need for ... candles.

I wish the time would stay right where it is now. Every time we roll back the clock I cringe.

It was originally put in place to save candle wax ... Longer days meant more light, and less need for ... candles.

I wish the time would stay right where it is now. Every time we roll back the clock I cringe.
It was more for farmers than anything else.

Agent_Z

It was more for farmers than anything else.
Wrong. You were lied to in school. It was all a ploy to save energy & candle wax, and had nothing to do with farmers.
I believed the same thing for years. How dare Mrs. White lie to me!!!

Wrong. You were lied to in school. It was all a ploy to save energy & candle wax, and had nothing to do with farmers.
If you get me to googles that to see if you're telling the truth.....

Then I might learn something today

Germany was the first country to adopt it in 1916 to save coal during the war.
But ben franklin facetiously was quoted as introducing it to save on candles much earlier

I hate you right now @Agent_Z :thefinger:

Agent_Z

That just goes to show that no one knows why the hell we still have daylight savings time to begin with anymore. The longer days mean people are more active. I'm like a lot of other people in the respect that I hate getting off of work at 5pm and it's already dark.

dave350

I’d like to get the schematics on that clock.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter

It's all yer fault, and I blame you! :mad-97:

While Germany and Austria were the first countries to use DST in 1916, it is a little-known fact that a few hundred Canadians beat the German Empire by 8 years. On July 1, 1908, the residents of Port Arthur, Ontario, today's Thunder Bay, turned their clocks forward by 1 hour to start the world's first DST period.

:thefinger:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #19
It's all yer fault, and I blame you! :mad-97:

While Germany and Austria were the first countries to use DST in 1916, it is a little-known fact that a few hundred Canadians beat the German Empire by 8 years. On July 1, 1908, the residents of Port Arthur, Ontario, today's Thunder Bay, turned their clocks forward by 1 hour to start the world's first DST period.

:thefinger:
As we say here in the Canada, I'm sorry!