Dating Advice From Uncle Birch

(((ME)))

I don't know if it's overpopulated NOW.

China and India are.

But at some point in the future the problem will need to be addressed.

Well probably have a nuclear war or something by then anyway though.
Naw Duck.....India and china got some strange customs....dig threw there history....you walk away with a whole different education.

Duck

Kleenex
Supporter
Naw Duck.....India and china got some strange customs....dig threw there history....you walk away with a whole different education.
Their histories and cultures are so complex you pretty much have to live there for a decade or so to fully understand it.

Interesting as it may be, having only one life to live, I choose to just read the Cliffs notes and then make fun of their accents. :thumbsup:

SueAnn

Supporter
I personally would NEVER trust a woman left at home while I'm on the road... yah Right!! My X cheated once and that was that. Divorced. No second chances. They did it once... they'll do it again, guaranteed! She would have to be a rider on my truck or NO deal. But being a trucker, I find it hard to ever meet a decent available female, anyway. So now, I don't even bother.
I'm really sorry you feel that way about all women. Hopefully, in time you'll meet a great girl and try it again. I know you're rolling your eyes. Blah, blah, blah. But I gotta tell you, there are some really great people out there in the same situation you are.
I meet men everyday. Some really nice guys. I've meant some really nice women too that have been burnt.
Some men and women cheat. That will never change.
Just don't completely close the door, not all of us are like your ex.

(((ME)))

Their histories and cultures are so complex you pretty much have to live there for a decade or so to fully understand it.

Interesting as it may be, having only one life to live, I choose to just read the Cliffs notes and then make fun of their accents. :thumbsup:
Just be thankful you can choose your own mate in this country and can worship as you please......so many in this world are not that fortunate. Some civilizations have never grown up still following old patterns that are considered outdated.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
He might be one of those guys who doesn't recognize when a woman is checking him out. Some guys are that way.
Found out 20 years after high school that two women I had a massive crush on also had a crush on me. I had no idea. Good thing I ended up with a fantastic wife, or that would have stung a lot more than it did when I found out. Not gonna lie, still stings a little. Everything happens for a reason I guess :dunno:

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
I'm really sorry you feel that way about all women. Hopefully, in time you'll meet a great girl and try it again. I know you're rolling your eyes. Blah, blah, blah. But I gotta tell you, there are some really great people out there in the same situation you are.
I meet men everyday. Some really nice guys. I've meant some really nice women too that have been burnt.
Some men and women cheat. That will never change.
Just don't completely close the door, not all of us are like your ex.
A few hours ago my brother-in-law and I had a bite and a few beers with my son-in-law Mitch. Mitch lost his wife (my daughter) in 2011 and we were BSing about her.

Rhonda was an R.N. who took her work and her family seriously. But she took little else seriously. We still talk about her and my wife (both cute gals and best buds -- Rhonda had youth, her mom, my future wife but unknown to me, had a better figure and owned a liquor store) running around a place where the lawyers, bankers, stockbrokers, airline pilots, advertising executives, fishermen, and FBI agents hung out (admittedly the FBI guys were always in a huddle so participated in the general BS much less than others). Rhonda created social whirls.

Rhonda would run around joking and BSing. Before she was married and when not working or hanging out at a cool place, on local lakes, she'd drive her speedboat like a mad fool. On short notice, she'd grab her Mom and a girlfriend and run off to Hawaii, Seattle, LA, or elsewhere to see a friend, football game, or singer. She was a character and stories still surface about her.

Mitch began dating about 2 years ago. After dating a drop-dead real estate agent (too much booze) and a very pretty physician (who told him he'd have to sell his house), he is getting serious about a bright, pretty gal about 8 years his junior. All this is to say that for a long time after a death or after a loss, it's difficult to move on but it's doable.

Having lost my wife 15 months ago, I'm experiencing something of a hiatus from a long-term interest in women. Besides that, I'm old. But I balance that with taking the widow (a phi beta kappa engineer) across the street out for a milkshake or an old friend from the American Legion Auxiliary (who lives in a raggedy old trailer with her ex) out here or there or helping another old friend (who owns expensive houses in Anchorage, Seattle, Phoenix, and Palm Springs) with her paperwork. I treat them all equally because each is nice and each is interesting in her own right.

For better or worse there are two sexes and in our culture, it's normal to have a mate of the opposite sex. (I can visualize some comments about that from some of the folks who inhabit this forum.) Despite death or deceit, it seems useless to deny what's normal even if what's normal is becoming less normal -- but recall that over time the pendulum swings both ways. I think that SueAnn recognizes this. But if you want to put rejecting normalcy in scientific terms, one versed in probability or statistics would conclude that he ("he" used in the OED sense) or another shouldn't develop a rule from a small sample size.

SueAnn

Supporter
A few hours ago my brother-in-law and I had a bite and a few beers with my son-in-law Mitch. Mitch lost his wife (my daughter) in 2011 and we were BSing about her.

Rhonda was an R.N. who took her work and her family seriously. But she took little else seriously. We still talk about her and my wife (both cute gals and best buds -- Rhonda had youth, her mom, my future wife but unknown to me, had a better figure and owned a liquor store) running around a place where the lawyers, bankers, stockbrokers, airline pilots, advertising executives, fishermen, and FBI agents hung out (admittedly the FBI guys were always in a huddle so participated in the general BS much less than others). Rhonda created social whirls.

Rhonda would run around joking and BSing. Before she was married and when not working or hanging out at a cool place, on local lakes, she'd drive her speedboat like a mad fool. On short notice, she'd grab her Mom and a girlfriend and run off to Hawaii, Seattle, LA, or elsewhere to see a friend, football game, or singer. She was a character and stories still surface about her.

Mitch began dating about 2 years ago. After dating a drop-dead real estate agent (too much booze) and a very pretty physician (who told him he'd have to sell his house), he is getting serious about a bright, pretty gal about 8 years his junior. All this is to say that for a long time after a death or after a loss, it's difficult to move on but it's doable.

Having lost my wife 15 months ago, I'm experiencing something of a hiatus from a long-term interest in women. Besides that, I'm old. But I balance that with taking the widow (a phi beta kappa engineer) across the street out for a milkshake or an old friend from the American Legion Auxiliary (who lives in a raggedy old trailer with her ex) out here or there or helping another old friend (who owns expensive houses in Anchorage, Seattle, Phoenix, and Palm Springs) with her paperwork. I treat them all equally because each is nice and each is interesting in her own right.

For better or worse there are two sexes and in our culture, it's normal to have a mate of the opposite sex. (I can visualize some comments about that from some of the folks who inhabit this forum.) Despite death or deceit, it seems useless to deny what's normal even if what's normal is becoming less normal -- but recall that over time the pendulum swings both ways. I think that SueAnn recognizes this. But if you want to put rejecting normalcy in scientific terms, one versed in probability or statistics would conclude that he ("he" used in the OED sense) or another shouldn't develop a rule from a small sample size.
I'm really sorry to hear you lost you're wife 15 months ago and your daughter. Loss is never easy but I hope day by day, it gets a little easier for you.
When I'm on the road and stop somewhere, I'll talk to most people. Everyone is interesting in their own right. I've meant some really great people and some interesting characters too but I leave it at the conversation. My philosophy is you can never have too many friends.
I'm going to be home for a few weeks and am missing my truck. I had an accident in Wyoming and wrote it off. Even then, I meant the nicest people there.
I accept people for who they are and whatever makes them happy. But just for the record....my pendulum only swings one way. :x3:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter

Try being the girlfriend after the long-time wife dies. That's one I would never repeat. Too much resentment and suspicion from friends and family members of the widower. Some years ago, I dated a lovely man whose late wife was eight months in her grave after a long and debilitating illness. He was a relatively young man with lots of energy and life in him. I was (and still am, somewhat) the wild one, riding motorcycles, dancing and rarely serious about much of anything. He called me his breath of fresh air. He did a lot of smiling and laughing with me. I received constant accusations of only being there for the money, comparisons to his deceased wife and opinions that it's "too soon" after her death for him to be dating. I earn my own money and he liked me specifically because I wasn't like the late Mrs. I never took anything from him. We just really enjoyed each other's company. The only dark spot was the treatment I received from his friends and family with the nasty comments, sideways looks and cold shoulders. He tried to reign them in, but you can't control the behavior of other adults, and they had already decided they despised me. I eventually faded away because I couldn't take it anymore.

I have long since moved on, but last I heard, he was still alone years later. I guess his people got what they wanted. Sad.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
The big girlfriend tragedy will be solved in the future! Women will fight this... but that's only because their business will be destroyed and they will be left in the dust! Marriage is a woman's business. Once they got you... it's all over! They stay with you for a few years or so and they they take everything from you and leave YOU in the dust. Oh well... watch... and there are MANY more vids on this as well as articles. They say in the first video that a robot will never replace a real woman... but that is not true. The more real they get, the more guys will NEVER go back to a so-called Real woman. You don't have to feed them to get laid and they need no money other than your purchase and maintenance. Much cheaper in the long run!

yeah, but can she open up a can of raviolis..??

that's the deal breaker for me, i'd say.

TruckerRon

@TruckerRon seems to be an extremely bitter and jaded individual with little to no respect for women. Perhaps his experiences with women were predicated by his own attitude and behavior.
How so?? I'm just one of the SMART ones who don't get caught in the female games anymore. I've known a couple of great women in my day (tho taken)... but that really is about it. My X was/is a gold digger. All others I have dated were really not worth the effort I put into them. But You have NO place judging me. You know NOTHING about me other than a few statements I have made on here. I am 60 and have had a LOT of experiences in my life and it would take a VERY good woman to get ME involved again. At this point in my life... I have come to the conclusion that I will be on my own with my two lovely cats. Maybe Ill get me one of those $20,000 sex robots! hahaha...

Last edited:
What about trucker dating meetups at various truckstops around the country? The apple barrel off i29 in Nebraska City sticks in my mind as a spot. Good variety of grub and right off the highway

Fageol

Try being the girlfriend after the long-time wife dies. That's one I would never repeat. Too much resentment and suspicion from friends and family members of the widower. Some years ago, I dated a lovely man whose late wife was eight months in her grave after a long and debilitating illness. He was a relatively young man with lots of energy and life in him. I was (and still am, somewhat) the wild one, riding motorcycles, dancing and rarely serious about much of anything. He called me his breath of fresh air. He did a lot of smiling and laughing with me. I received constant accusations of only being there for the money, comparisons to his deceased wife and opinions that it's "too soon" after her death for him to be dating. I earn my own money and he liked me specifically because I wasn't like the late Mrs. I never took anything from him. We just really enjoyed each other's company. The only dark spot was the treatment I received from his friends and family with the nasty comments, sideways looks and cold shoulders. He tried to reign them in, but you can't control the behavior of other adults, and they had already decided they despised me. I eventually faded away because I couldn't take it anymore.

I have long since moved on, but last I heard, he was still alone years later. I guess his people got what they wanted. Sad.
Injun, Glad you moved on.

The gals whom I've "dated" -- if that's what one would call it -- all had met or knew my wife. I should note that in Alaska, ladies who own liquor stores, e.g. my wife, and female bartenders achieve a status higher than they do in America. Not too many single gals own liquor stores here.

In our conversations, the subject of my dead wife comes up from time to time; however, it would be disrespectful or just downright crappy to dwell on her or any former spouse. The idea of a date (casual or otherwise) is to directly interact with the other person on the date. The focus has to be on that person and not on a lost person however good or memorable that person might have been.

BTW, I have never been the first to mention my dead wife. I suspect that would "kill the vibe." No matter how much a lost spouse or mate is missed, if they're gone, they're gone.

Fageol

I'm really sorry to hear you lost you're wife 15 months ago and your daughter. Loss is never easy but I hope day by day, it gets a little easier for you.
When I'm on the road and stop somewhere, I'll talk to most people. Everyone is interesting in their own right. I've meant some really great people and some interesting characters too but I leave it at the conversation. My philosophy is you can never have too many friends.
I'm going to be home for a few weeks and am missing my truck. I had an accident in Wyoming and wrote it off. Even then, I meant the nicest people there.
I accept people for who they are and whatever makes them happy. But just for the record....my pendulum only swings one way. :x3:
I hope that you didn't get injured and I'm happy that the good folks in Wyoming (I have a bunch of cousins there) were kind to you in your time of need.

In many ways, we're like a molecule of water in a stream. No matter what happens to an adjacent molecule, we're impelled by so many other molecules and forces that we keep on rolling. Admittedly that's impersonal but short of giving up normalcy, it's undeniable.

Hope that you get a shiny new rig and are soon back on the road.

SueAnn

Supporter
I hope that you didn't get injured and I'm happy that the good folks in Wyoming (I have a bunch of cousins there) were kind to you in your time of need.

In many ways, we're like a molecule of water in a stream. No matter what happens to an adjacent molecule, we're impelled by so many other molecules and forces that we keep on rolling. Admittedly that's impersonal but short of giving up normalcy, it's undeniable.

Hope that you get a shiny new rig and are soon back on the road.
Thanks so much. I'll send you some pics. I love small towns. I sent the girl in the hotel a beautiful gift to thank her. Everyone was so nice.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
How so?? I'm just one of the SMART ones who don't get caught in the female games anymore. I've known a couple of great women in my day (tho taken)... but that really is about it. My X was/is a gold digger. All others I have dated were really not worth the effort I put into them. But You have NO place judging me. You know NOTHING about me other than a few statements I have made on here. I am 60 and have had a LOT of experiences in my life and it would take a VERY good woman to get ME involved again. At this point in my life... I have come to the conclusion that I will be on my own with my two lovely cats. Maybe Ill get me one of those $20,000 sex robots! hahaha...
you should have vetted (checked her out) her before you married her...your fault 1000%

Duck

Kleenex
Supporter
you should have vetted (checked her out) her before you married her...your fault 1000%
Go eat some ravioli