dam she's beautiful

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Um...

Western Star is a subsidiary of Diamler Trucks North America... which basically makes it a fancy Freightliner. 'Specially since there's a DD15 behind that nice front end.

;)

Nice truck!

:D

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
Thread starter #3
Um...

Western Star is a subsidiary of Diamler Trucks North America... which basically makes it a fancy Freightliner. 'Specially since there's a DD15 behind that nice front end.

;)

Nice truck!

:D
true it is a fancy shaker since western star is a subsidiary of diamler trucks north merica. isn't the DD 15 the engine that everyone raves about being less problematic on the frieghtliners:confused-96:

though it would make an awsome toter home:rolleyes:

GAnthony

Supporter
View attachment 39028
i have to say western star did an awsome job on the front end
it is a good looking truck. i used to drive a 1986 star, years ago. problem though, that truck was rough riding, so i wonder how the ride is for the newer generation of Star's.

also, there really isn't too much of a dealer network here. unless of course, Freightliner dealers can do the warranty work.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
it is a good looking truck. i used to drive a 1986 star, years ago. problem though, that truck was rough riding, so i wonder how the ride is for the newer generation of Star's.

also, there really isn't too much of a dealer network here. unless of course, Freightliner dealers can do the warranty work.
Freightliner can do the warranty work.

Rigjockey

In Gord We Trust!
Supporter
View attachment 39028
i have to say western star did an awsome job on the front end
I agree!
looks like a Cascadia to me.
That is what I thought when I first saw, After taking a second look I still think so.
I drove a newer one like a 2004 or something.
The ride was good and interior noise was minimal and that was with the stacks in front of the bunk by the door.

GAnthony

Supporter
I agree!

That is what I thought when I first saw, After taking a second look I still think so.

I drove a newer one like a 2004 or something.
The ride was good and interior noise was minimal and that was with the stacks in front of the bunk by the door.
if memory serves me, Western Stars were the primary choice for the Canadian owners (maybe even being built in Canada??) . they trickled down here in very small numbers. maybe the newer ones have a much better/improved suspension system, but the one i drove.....dear god........was so hard riding.

i liked the style of the one i drove, cannot remember the model name, but it was basically a boxy looking thing. like as an example, a pete 379.

dchawk81

Aren't or weren't Western Stars basically mutts made from parts from various manufacturers? And I don't mean Meritor for air and Cummins for motors. I mean steering wheels from one company and dashes from another to the point of being obvious?