Cutting the cord

krelithous

Supporter
if they were smart they could run a promotional program for a few months as a trial run and let people pick whatever channels they want.
most channels should be no more than a $1.00 or $ 2.00 a pop with NO forced channels
then they could see what people are actually willing to pay for!!!
i'm sure that you would find that alot of people would only opt for the $1.00 a month fox news plan but anyways:eek:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
if they were smart they could run a promotional program for a few months as a trial run and let people pick whatever channels they want.
most channels should be no more than a $1.00 or $ 2.00 a pop with NO forced channels
then they could see what people are actually willing to pay for!!!
i'm sure that you would find that alot of people would only opt for the $1.00 a month fox news plan but anyways:eek:
Exactly!

krelithous

Supporter
one good reason to cut the cord is that you spend a 1/3rd of your time watching advertising that's designed to make you feel like a bucket of crap until you buy there product and then you feel like the most wonderful person that there ever was after you bought there product:biglaugh::foreheadslap:.
another good reason to cut the cord is how much of that programming really worth watching:confused-96: maybe 3 shows tops. hell when i was growing up we had sitcoms that if there was a problem they could have fixed it in a half hour now today we have all of this reality tv wich is filled with nothing more than drama crap. and why in the hell would i want to watch someone else out living there life when i could be out living my own life:bonk:. another good reason to cut the cord is the MONEY. there's alot of ways to watch your shows for free or for very little $$$ is watching 3-4 channels worth 100-200 a month:confused-96:

Last edited:

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
one good reason to cut the cord is that you spend a 1/3rd of your time watching advertising that's designed to make you feel like a bucket of crap until you buy there product and then you feel like the most wonderful person that there ever was after you bought there product:biglaugh::foreheadslap:.
another good reason to cut the cord is how much of that programming really worth watching:confused-96: maybe 3 shows tops. hell when i was growing up we had sitcoms that if there was a problem they could have fixed it in a half hour now today we have all of this reality tv wich is filled with nothing more than drama crap. and why in the hell would i want to watch someone else out living there life when i could be out living my own life:bonk:. another good reason to cut the cord is the MONEY. there's alot of ways to watch your shows for free or for very little $$$ is watching 3-4 channels worth 100-200 a month:confused-96:
I watch very little TV. Most of my watching is murder p***n (this site software, Orwell1984.0, doesn't like that word) when I'm required to "pay attention" by she who must be obeyed. When changing channels (generally from TNT to USA or vice versa) I see some of those Alaska reality shows. I've lived in Alaska since 1980, about 20 years of that in the Alaska Bush. The Kilcher program (Atz and those other folks with rare names -- it's hard to knock names) is OK and gives a glimpse of the necessity to innovate and collect junk. But the others are total wastes especially the one with the character that has the long mustache. He's about as Alaskan as Grand Central Station.

krelithous

Supporter
true as that may be, however many other cable companies and satellite and soon FiOS will follow. when one does it, they all do it. there is no escape.

unless one tries to escape from...

wait till 5G comes out i'm sure alot of people will be cutting the cord from the cable and phone companies. hell there scrambling now trying to figure out what there gonna do since there profit is declining:clap:. my attitude is if you really wanted me as a customer so bad then you wouldn't have jacked up my rate so much:rolleyes-80:. t mo already has started launching 5G since the 600 mhz band is 5G capable

Mike

Staff member
Netflix is going up again. Raising their fee to $10.99 beginning January. Gets much higher, I will cut them off as well.....

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Netflix is going up again. Raising their fee to $10.99 beginning January. Gets much higher, I will cut them off as well.....
They raised it to $11.99 here. I am expecting the content to get drastically better or they will be gone too.

krelithous

Supporter
They raised it to $11.99 here. I am expecting the content to get drastically better or they will be gone too.
the 4 k plan is 13.99 a month. not worth it to me as the content is blah. same with amazon prime there content sucks to but atleast you get free shipping. though for 4k movie streaming i use

https://www.fandangonow.com/

vudu and hulu have 4k also

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
do you have a roku:confused-96:. if not that would open up alot of free content and if not free then next to nothing vs cable or satellite!!!

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
do you have a roku:confused-96:. if not that would open up alot of free content and if not free then next to nothing vs cable or satellite!!!
Nope. I have Netflix and Prime. Keeping Prime for the savings on shipping costs.

krelithous

Supporter
Nope. I have Netflix and Prime. Keeping Prime for the savings on shipping costs.
i tried netflix and i found the content to be low budget and stuff i would never watch.. i had prime but i got rid of it i didn't use it enough to benefit from the free shipping. i bought a roku because i wanted a cheap t.v. pacakage but i wanted football to:rolleyes-80: i do subscribe to the NFL sunday ticket on roku for like a 100 bucks vs directv wich last i knew they were charging double

krelithous

Supporter
another reason i cut the cord is because i got sick of them renewing contracts and loosing channels:mad:

Mike

Staff member
i tried netflix and i found the content to be low budget and stuff i would never watch.. i had prime but i got rid of it i didn't use it enough to benefit from the free shipping. i bought a roku because i wanted a cheap t.v. pacakage but i wanted football to:rolleyes-80: i do subscribe to the NFL sunday ticket on roku for like a 100 bucks vs directv wich last i knew they were charging double
Well, I finished Longmire, so that addiction is over. Still got "The Ranch" there on netflix, so I guess it's worth it for that. Couple other series that I am keeping up with there now as well.

Prime has a few decent movies, but I hate their setup. If not for the shipping that I use alot, I wouldn't use them.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Well, I finished Longmire, so that addiction is over. Still got "The Ranch" there on netflix, so I guess it's worth it for that. Couple other series that I am keeping up with there now as well.

Prime has a few decent movies, but I hate their setup. If not for the shipping that I use alot, I wouldn't use them.
Yeah but the Ranch they fired that dude from that 70's show. Danny Masterson. So the Ranch probably ain't worth watching.
Not that Masterson was great but, I hate when they change the cast. Messes up the whole show.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
How many of you guys have a TV in the truck?
Probably never have one again thanks to having a laptop and a phone.
I have a widescreen tube, but rarely use it for "TV" - I hook up the DVD player. It beats the little laptop screen.

If I really want TV content, I'll just download a episode of some long defunct series on my tablet. I quit watching TV decades ago. LOL!

TV content is really that bad.