Cutting the cord

dchawk81

once you see a 4k picture everything else just looks god awfulo_O:mad:
There's still not enough 4k content for me to get one. If I do, it'll be because the sunroom is finally done and the old TV is out there for the nephews.

I won't get one just to have 4k. Not worth it.

krelithous

Supporter
There's still not enough 4k content for me to get one.
while i agree. though 4k t.v.s are dropping in price like run away freight trains. and now there talking about 8k wich will solve alot of the problems with 4k what ever problems 4k has other than lack of content. a good UHD player will upconvert a blu ray to dam near 4k along with the 4k roku's do a good upconvert to dam near 4k i'll say you don't even know it's a regular blu ray playing. one thing that got me mad was is games of thrones is not in 4k:mad: that will never happen as it would cost to much to re master the film over again

Last edited:
while i agree. though 4k t.v.s are dropping in price like run away freight trains. and now there talking about 8k wich will solve alot of the problems with 4k what ever problems 4k has other than lack of content. a good UHD player will upconvert a blu ray to dam near 4k along with the 4k roku's do a good upconvert to dam near 4k i'll say you don't even know it's a regular blu ray playing. one thing that got me mad was is games of thrones is not in 4k:mad: that will never happen as it would cost to much to re master the film over again
Can you say that in English? :confused-96:

krelithous

Supporter
dumped the layer 3 t.v. as it's owned by t-mo now won't be long before t-mo screws that up:mad:. went back to time warner as the rep on the phone told me that they would drop the price on my internets and bump up my speed at no extra cost:). with full fledged basic cable i don't need the movie channels:stare1:

Rigjockey

Long time running, well worth the wait!
Supporter
Thread starter #285
dumped the layer 3 t.v. as it's owned by t-mo now won't be long before t-mo screws that up:mad:. went back to time warner as the rep on the phone told me that they would drop the price on my internets and bump up my speed at no extra cost:). with full fledged basic cable i don't need the movie channels:stare1:
I only have basic cable, That I only watch 3 stations. Business news, news and Baseball, Because only one of the 3 is important!:thumbsup::D

krelithous

Supporter
I only have basic cable, That I only watch 3 stations. Business news, news and Baseball, Because only one of the 3 is important!:thumbsup::D
same here only basic cable if i want to see a movie id'e rather have the disc and they burn the **** out of movies to they play em over and over. i watch 3 channels baseball football and business. i bought a tivo along with some tivo mini's so no box rental fees:D. id'e rather pay 2.00 a month for a freaking cable card than 20.00 a month for a freaking box that i will never own:mad:

yea Mike,me too
she like those girly shows,me,I love those old westerns

I live out in the sticks and they won`r tun cable out here,so I had satelitte.I dumped it,got a antenna and watch free tv except netflicks.10 bucks a month

Rigjockey

Long time running, well worth the wait!
Supporter
Thread starter #291
I live out in the sticks and they won`r tun cable out here,so I had satelitte.I dumped it,got a antenna and watch free tv except netflicks.10 bucks a month
I used to like those free digital TV channels when I was in the truck. That one station that has re-runs of all in the family and Threes Company.

My signal would get broken up being as it was a truck antenna but, I would imagine a high outdoor antenna would be pretty clear.:thumbsup:
And free! I like the word free!:thumbsup:

I used to like those free digital TV channels when I was in the truck. That one station that has re-runs of all in the family and Threes Company.

My signal would get broken up being as it was a truck antenna but, I would imagine a high outdoor antenna would be pretty clear.:thumbsup:
Archie Bunker was a great man. That is all I have to say about that

krelithous

Supporter

when i lived off an outdoor antenna most programming was only broadcast in 480i wich looks like crap compared to 1080P let alone 4K. the local channels are supposed to start broadcasting in 4K but who knows when that will happen and when the converter box will be out!!! now they realeasing 8K t.v's my eyes are like how many pixels do i need:confused-96: