Cutting the cord

dchawk81

i tried all three streaming service all of them suck and they all charge what cable charges!! from sling tv being the worst to psvue being the best and even there picture pixelated.. and have you ever wondered if your isp is throttling your connection when your streaming:confused-96:
Quality was great when it came through. And it was free through the Fire TV.

I just think NBC underestimated demand.

krelithous

Supporter
Quality was great when it came through. And it was free through the Fire TV.

I just think NBC underestimated demand.
i wonder if the server was just getting hammered while you were trying to watch it:confused-96:. and if i was gonna do a streaming device all over again i would have to go with the roku 4k unit so i can hard wire it to the modem. i learned my lesson with all of the wireless streaming devices:rolleyes-80: not one of them could keep a hold of the signal long enough for a good stream!!!

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
i tried all three streaming service all of them suck and they all charge what cable charges!! from sling tv being the worst to psvue being the best and even there picture pixelated.. and have you ever wondered if your isp is throttling your connection when your streaming:confused-96:
I thought Verizon streaming the game via the NFL app was excellent. No pixelation or digital gaps. Need to get my subscription transferred to my table.

dchawk81

i wonder if the server was just getting hammered while you were trying to watch it:confused-96:. and if i was gonna do a streaming device all over again i would have to go with the roku 4k unit so i can hard wire it to the modem. i learned my lesson with all of the wireless streaming devices:rolleyes-80: not one of them could keep a hold of the signal long enough for a good stream!!!
I'd say so. The quality itself was pretty much HD.

InTooDeep

Cut the cord years ago. We wanted to watch the olympics so signed up for youtube tv. Seems pretty good so far. Sure it will get dropped after olympics since not into tv to much.

krelithous

Supporter
I thought Verizon streaming the game via the NFL app was excellent. No pixelation or digital gaps. Need to get my subscription transferred to my table.
i wonder if verizon uses a private video network vs just using the open web to stream. it makes all of the difference in the world!!!

Mike

Staff member
We got roped back into DirectTV. using the Now app though, which allows me to have more to watch out in the truck without having to set up some silly antenna outside the truck. Much cheaper and practical than the traditional service they offered.

krelithous

Supporter
We got roped back into DirectTV. using the Now app though, which allows me to have more to watch out in the truck without having to set up some silly antenna outside the truck. Much cheaper and practical than the traditional service they offered.
how did you get roped back into directv:confused-96:??? one thing alot of people don't notice is 10.00 here 25.00 there adds up fast then there's the cost of an internet sub

krelithous

Supporter
I'd say so. The quality itself was pretty much HD.
i notice that streaming has better quality than cable or satellite as it's not as compressed. i lasted 3 days with a rooftop antenna because most of the channels where broadcasting in 480I and not full 1080p and it looked horrible:eek:. we have a 4k t.v. why do i want to watch something in 480I:coocoo::confused-96:

dchawk81

i notice that streaming has better quality than cable or satellite as it's not as compressed. i lasted 3 days with a rooftop antenna because most of the channels where broadcasting in 480I and not full 1080p and it looked horrible:eek:. we have a 4k t.v. why do i want to watch something in 480I:coocoo::confused-96:
Yeah 480 isn't AS bad on a normal 1080 TV like I have, but it's still like VHS vs DVD.