Cutting the cord

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #181
How many of you guys have a TV in the truck?
When I was OTR I definitely had one. I would watch what Digital channels I could get.
After a while I gave up on that and just used a Blu-Ray player to play DVDs on the flat screen.

My bunk was better equipped than my home at the time.

krelithous

Supporter
id'e rather be running a plex server and watching all of the content that i bought across all of my devices than pay for netflix;)

krelithous

Supporter
When I was OTR I definitely had one. I would watch what Digital channels I could get.
After a while I gave up on that and just used a Blu-Ray player to play DVDs on the flat screen.

My bunk was better equipped than my home at the time.
you could have gotten a roku to and streamed netflix in the truck as well ;). all you have to do is connect it to a truck stop wifi or tether it to your phone:rolleyes-80:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #184
you could have gotten a roku to and streamed netflix in the truck as well ;). all you have to do is connect it to a truck stop wifi or tether it to your phone:rolleyes-80:
I have never had any kind of luck with truckstop WIFI. Spotty at best and expensive!

krelithous

Supporter
I have never had any kind of luck with truckstop WIFI. Spotty at best and expensive!
sounds like you need a wifi booster:rolleyes-80:. but yea truck stop wifi is pretty much useless and yet they want to charge for it:bonk:

krelithous

Supporter
Only if you're near a major population center. T-Mobile's network sucks.
LA is a testing ground for t-mo out here t-mo is better than verizon after looking at my friends verizion phone and he was getting 3 bars and i was getting 5 bars the whole entire time. and now there installing the 600 mhz spectrum a huge plus. though i have been in places where verizon still has there old 1x crap and that's using a cell phone booster:bonk:

krelithous

Supporter
i have to laugh at some people on this cord cutting trip. they think about what channels they have to watch and not the physical shows they want to watch makes no sense to me and they complain that it costs more than keeping cable:biglaugh::coocoo:. and the first thing people bring up is football they all think that they can't watch football:eek::D:rolllaugh3:

Anybody got any tips on watching the Juniors? Without a TV or any cable/satellite provider.

Radio is fine too, but I like watching the Juniors

krelithous

Supporter
The men's world hockey juniors. Starting Boxing Day

Hockey
Hell that's a tough one:foreheadslap: ill look into it though. Have you tried sling tv blue
The men's world hockey juniors. Starting Boxing Day

Hockey
He'll that's a tough one:bonk: I'm gonna have to look into it more. Do plan in watching it on your pc or do you have a streaming device

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #197
Anybody got any tips on watching the Juniors? Without a TV or any cable/satellite provider.

Radio is fine too, but I like watching the Juniors
Well, we used to watch it at the Legion, So there is that.:thumbsup:

Hell that's a tough one:foreheadslap: ill look into it though. Have you tried sling tv blue

He'll that's a tough one:bonk: I'm gonna have to look into it more. Do plan in watching it on your pc or do you have a streaming device
Phone, pc or radio. I'm not picky

I don't know what a sling blue tv is nor what a streaming device

Well, we used to watch it at the Legion, So there is that.:thumbsup:
I did that for a couple years, find a bar and be obnoxious enough until they put the Juniors on.

I don't know how to make that jive with being OTR.....log out off duty, add a comment "Games on going drinking" :biglaugh: