CR England Training / Lease Question

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
This morning on the Edens Expwy I was stuck behind an ENGLUND Truck for awhile during rush hour

Anyhow on the back of their trailers I noticed it says "Lease, Train, Drive" in that order

So let me get this straight ....does this mean England first makes Students "LEASE" a truck FIRST before they are TRAINED

If so how can CR ENGLAND actually lease a truck to a "Trainee" with no CDL and how would they know if they even complete the Training Program

something seems FISHY here

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Really?

Do we really need to do this thread?

@birchbarlow you're spending way too much time on that 294 sitting in traffic overthinking recruiting signs.

Anyone whose been trucking 20 minutes knows to stay away from ENGLAND. With an A.

ENG LAND.

And they recently had the balls the petition the feds to let two CDL PERMIT holders to be able to run TEAM (Notice my random capitalization here Peanut Gallery please follow suit) ...which is probably the most ridiculous proposal EVER that I can remember.

So, in my opinion, CR England, has officially taken their place as the worst company in the country. Far as Im concerned they passed Swift and CRST a few years back.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
....they recently had the balls the petition the feds to let two CDL PERMIT holders to be able to run TEAM (Notice my random capitalization here Peanut Gallery please follow suit) ...which is probably the most ridiculous proposal EVER that I can remember.
Neh. They petitioned the Feds to allow the permit-holder "student" to drive while the CDL-holder "trainer" sleeps, thus, making them a team operation.

Current regulation requires the permitted "student" to be in observation by the licensed "trainer" for all driving activities until he gets his CDL. This means the "trainer" cannot sleep with the "student" driving. It also precludes CRE's habit of running two "students" on a single "trainer's" truck.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Here's a story about an unqualified idiot who probably stopped to answer a qualcomm message then pulled into 75mph traffic with no lights on killing an adult and a small child.

This company needs a federal shut down. The google results on "CR ENGLAND CRASH" are staggering. Holy crap.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/verdict-trucker-found-not-guilty-in-route-crash-that-killed/article_c251d33a-a55c-11e4-8c1a-cb658a487582.html
According to the news story, the student truck driver was acquitted of all charges and the driver of the car was high on heroin at the time of the crash.

I'm sure there are many more clear-cut cases than that one.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Seriously there are total outlaw companies who operate safer than these morons.

Anyone remember ETV outta Michigan someplace? Grand Rapids I think.

Them guy were total freakin outlaws. They ran stuff out of Michigan, to California, then produce back, and bajillion miles a week. Ghost co-drivers, two log books, the whole nine. The federal DOT actually STOPPED the company totally.

They were never the size of CR...but I bet even per capita the crashes between those two companies was a LOT lower at the outlaw company.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PART YOU BIG COMPANY, E LOG, KOOL AID DRINKERS....

You see...in order to be an outlaw...you have to KNOW the law, and consciously decide to ignore it. So...an outlaw already knows the law.

...and the industry, and how to operate his vehicle without getting caught. Doing so requires safety, and skill.

Crying out loud the 1% biker clubs figured it out ages ago. You keep a low profile, you continue on. You do the loud and proud thing, you gain attention....bad move....

I digress...

Anyway...point is...I'll take a knowledgeable outlaw over an ignorant rookie any day of the week in this industry.

All the technology in the world, the eLogs, the auto transmissions, the in your face routing...

...none of it can make this a "normal" job, and many....many...more and more of these people every day simply SHOULD NOT be in this industry.

LEARN the spatial requirements of your truck. SHIFT your truck (it PUTS YOU IN CONTROL AND RAISES AWARENESS), BAN AutoShifts (except for city and local applications, obviously) in OTR trucks....

BAN "Self Insured" Companies....

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
According to the news story, the student truck driver was acquitted of all charges and the driver of the car was high on heroin at the time of the crash.

I'm sure there are many more clear-cut cases than that one.

Than a professional driver stopping to answer his stupid computer in a stupid spot?

He's the professional, not the amateur in the 4 wheeler. The expectation is on him to do the smart thing.

In other words, he started it.

And killed a 2 year old.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Really?

Do we really need to do this thread?

@birchbarlow you're spending way too much time on that 294 sitting in traffic overthinking recruiting signs.

Anyone whose been trucking 20 minutes knows to stay away from ENGLAND. With an A.

ENG LAND.

And they recently had the balls the petition the feds to let two CDL PERMIT holders to be able to run TEAM (Notice my random capitalization here Peanut Gallery please follow suit) ...which is probably the most ridiculous proposal EVER that I can remember.

So, in my opinion, CR England, has officially taken their place as the worst company in the country. Far as Im concerned they passed Swift and CRST a few years back.
I was just wondering how they can get away with leasing a truck to a student

Shouldn't Engaland first "TRAIN" their Drivers before suckering them into a Lease Deal

Furthermore Sinister Sinister I would think there would be some legal issues with that as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Nope. I merely suggested you find a more clear-cut case of abject stupidity.

Neither you nor I were there at trial to hear the evidence. I didn't see anything about answering the QC in the article. Just that the driver pulled off the shoulder and was moving at 17mph at impact. Maybe I was skim-reading.

Whatever. If CRE is as bad as you say (and I'm not disputing that) you should be able to find something like...the independent who killed 17 Menonites and himself in KY because he crossed the median after dicking around with his cell phone... Surely there must be something.

Keendriver

Hates all of you
Damn you Squaw!

I was busy putting together a post defending you and you come in here and do it yourself!

Keendriver

Hates all of you
I do remember ETV, outta Michigan....ran yogurt out to the coast iffin I remembers right.

Called them way back when, you know, when they were still in business.
Axed the recruiter all the pertinent questions including "how many miles can I expect?"
he tells me 15000 a month.

I said no I meant solo....... "yeah our solo's average 15000"
But you can't log that solo.

We run a lot of long runs.....
I say nothing.

We show you how to log it...we have a way of doing it.

I honestly thought to myself as I hung up the phone that this outfit would some day be shut down for that kinda stupidity.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Nope. I merely suggested you find a more clear-cut case of abject stupidity.

Neither you nor I were there at trial to hear the evidence. I didn't see anything about answering the QC in the article. Just that the driver pulled off the shoulder and was moving at 17mph at impact. Maybe I was skim-reading.

Whatever. If CRE is as bad as you say (and I'm not disputing that) you should be able to find something like...the independent who killed 17 Menonites and himself in KY because he crossed the median after dicking around with his cell phone... Surely there must be something.

The QC answering thing was an assumption of mine, I'll admit. There's a million reasons that guy could have been stopped on the side of an interstate. Maybe he was pooping in a plastic bag, or repairing a flip flop...I don't know, and it doesn't matter.

Far as I'm concerned he's at fault. Heroin aside, when he moved into the interstate below the posted minimum speed he created the hazard which created the accident.

Latest posts