could a worldwide shutdown be in the future???

gearjammer

jammer
Supporter
first it was Canadian drivers supporting the US. drivers now look what is happening in iceland http://www.icelandreview.com/iceland..._0_a_id=303393
don't forget Italy and France a few months back could this be spreading and maybe just maybe we have been thinking too small.

sledgehammer

smashing the hammer down
I think it is high time to strike, but we need to all come together. everyones says it will not do anything, they say it will not cause any problems. everyone thinks it will all be ok!! hahahaha boy they have no idea do they? Look what happened in italy they couldnt even find food!!! lol.... that is what this country needs!!! i know it will be hard for alot of people, but unless we all stand up and buck the system they will continue to walk all over us!!! I am so tired of seeing us americans set back and taking whatever the government wants us to handle. what ever happened to the term (WE ARE THE PEOPLE) whatever happen to the phase (LET NOT FEAR THE GOVERNMENT). What happen to this!!!!

Greyfoxx

SET A TIME FOR A WORLD WIDE STRIKE

:stirpot:I've been say in my blog for the last three years that the only thing that going to bring these blood sucker under control is a "NATIONAL STOPWORK STRIKE". But today the only thing that will bring the "OIL SLICKS" to their knees is a "WORLD WIDE STRIKE".

Thousands of truckers in other countries were watching the April Strike and many did in fact support the U.S. strike by striking. The word is out, WE CAN drop the ball now!! Had there been more coverage by the press I would bet a dollar for a donate that the strike could have been pushed to a strike that cover the world, not for a one, two, or three days, but for as long as it took to see the crude oil speculators get out of the market, and in return force crude oil prices to $50 a barrel or even less. THERE HAVE BEEN GAS ROITS IN SOME PARTS OF THE WORLD IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS.

"Peck Oil" is a myth period!! As I said in "More reasons for a strike" here on this forum, there is enough crude in the ground to last another 250 year at the present rate of use, and I proved it. NOTHING MORE THAN GREED BY OPEC IS DRIVING PRICES UP.

I wrote letters to the editors of many of the major papers and TV news rooms around the country, and to all the business jurialests I do research for in the U.S. I phoned my LAP-DOG LEGISLATORS and *****ed at them.

We can do this ..... we can bring them to their knees ...... if we set a time table that is out to June 1st just as the summer driving season starts picking up steam. It will be our last chance to to the jobs that must be done if we are going to save this nation from a major depression.

SPREAD THE WORD ......
WORLD TRUCKERS STRIKE / JUNE 1ST 2008.

J.R.

NOW GREYFOX: I dont no if this is an old post or what but i do agree with a shut down i dont know about world wide but it sure can be done in this country it has been done before and can be done again. the steel haulers in ohio did it and it worked then if you run you took a chance on getting shot bad times, in 73 the produce haulers among other and it worked a little more peacefull and later in pa we closed interstate 80 fow awhile and that was relativly small groups nothing major except the steel haulers and they all shut down and yeah it can be done again but now is not the time not enough drivers are willing to take part but the numbers are growing every day keep talking it up sooner or later it will come together. J.R. HORTON

Tn. Truckers Wife

Mr. JR, Greyfoxx's post is a year old....Just so you'll know, look above the name of the person and it will tell you the date of the post...Not being smart, just giving you a tid bit of information...

lunachic

BITE ME !
Hi J.R. yea that is a very old post but something that realy ticked me off and still does is alot of the people who had so much to say about all this have never been involved in the trucking industry.
His fight was all about oil.
Now I'm not green, to a point I belive in off shore drilling and land drilling on U.S. land. And I belive in windmills................
What got me about some was the fact they had bought OIL STOCK, Which in turn I belive was using us in a matter to benifit his own wallet. (Balkin)

J.R.

THANKS FOR THE INFO ill remember: and i no what your talking about, people that have nothing to do with trucking really have no idea what the business is about ive already had a couple try to jump my case when i figured out they were not drivers i just ended the conversation but that happens on an open forum most mean well some just want some one to argue with.
however you brought up another point ,WINDMILLS, now that is an industry to watch, it has already started and divers are making some real good money if you pull a flat or a stretch trailer, new company is supposed to be starting up in south carolina to manufacture windmills to be shipped to AZ , NM and points west gonna be some good money to be made , trying to get the details now.
HAVE A GREAT RIDE . J.R. HORTON

rebel

Well known, by a few
Supporter
THANKS FOR THE INFO ill remember: and i no what your talking about, people that have nothing to do with trucking really have no idea what the business is about ive already had a couple try to jump my case when i figured out they were not drivers i just ended the conversation but that happens on an open forum most mean well some just want some one to argue with.
however you brought up another point ,WINDMILLS, now that is an industry to watch, it has already started and divers are making some real good money if you pull a flat or a stretch trailer, new company is supposed to be starting up in south carolina to manufacture windmills to be shipped to AZ , NM and points west gonna be some good money to be made , trying to get the details now.
HAVE A GREAT RIDE . J.R. HORTON
Keep us posted on this one.
I know G.E. has a plant in Greenville, SC and G.E. is one of the major manufacturers of windmills. The plant they have makes aircraft turbines but the same principles apply to windmills.

ironmanwife

Barn goddess
Kimosabe Bublitz and T. Boone Pickens don’t have much in common, but they are on the same page when it comes to alternative energy. While oilman Pickens is promoting the virtue of wind power and backing it up with a giant wind farm in West Texas, Bublitz hauls wind turbines and towers all across the United States. In the past year, Bublitz’s small fleet, Blitz Transportation Services, has moved more than 100 windmill blades from as far east as New York State west to Wyoming, Montana and Texas. Some of the trips have taken two weeks. Some hauls include double blades that stretch to more than 165 feet.

For the next several years, Shelton, Wash.-based Bublitz will be spending a lot of time in Texas, working with a windmill maintenance center in Abilene that has 55 technicians monitoring windmills throughout the country. The business is so good that Bublitz has deployed three tractors and three specially designed trailers to both Abilene and Houston. All but one of the tractors are 2008 Kenworth T800s, and two more are on order, equipped with 475-hp engines and 18-speed transmissions.

His Trail King and Kalyn Siebert trailers cost $135,000 to $160,000, while two on order will set him back $174,000 each. They have short decks on either end and an adjustable deck in the middle that slides out to 165 feet. “These trailers are designed for hauling blades, and I create my own features to haul not just blades but other windmill equipment as well,” Bublitz says.

Biker

Yes, I am!
Pickens has invested a ton of money into wind energy. That's why he's pushing it. Has nothing to do with the environment. He's banking on this being his next big "strike".

TheHasBeen

Amen, Pickens has invested much money into the wind, if green goes down he loses much, the green deal is just a way for a certain group to get rich off everyone else. Keep and eye on your pocket book, I guarantee the people behind the green are trying their best to get every penny they can out of it.

TheHasBeen

lunachic

BITE ME !
Amen, Pickens has invested much money into the wind, if green goes down he loses much, the green deal is just a way for a certain group to get rich off everyone else. Keep and eye on your pocket book, I guarantee the people behind the green are trying their best to get every penny they can out of it.

TheHasBeen
Green is not for the wind mills, They belive they would be a danger to the birds.
I am sort of confused by your post.
could just be me not understanding it, sorry.............

2lilboots

Tennis shoes are hot
Years ago the Frederick, MD solar panel company was called Solarex, it was bought out by none other than BP (British Petroleum)........And the parking lot is full again and they are manufacturing solar panels out the wazoooo.

TheHasBeen

Easy to explain, this global warming is all about a certain group making money, its a way for them to get government funds to back up their research while they are making great profits off of us. its hog wash. But that said, one day this earth sure enough is going to get very hot, but its not going to be caused by global warming invented by man. What will happen to this earth is explained in the later part of 2nd Peter chapter 3.

TheHasBeen