Company Cell Phone Policy

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Walmart at least ran a long test program with volunteers and compiled data on how many drivers they'd lose, etc.
What was the outcome of that?

Gdjjr

I remember in orientation being told that under no circumstances should we use the Qualcom while driving- yet I was messaged so many times times I couldn't count them- if I had stopped every time I received a message I'd still not have made my first load-

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
What was the outcome of that?
We got cameras.

Outward facing only.

We’re allowed to cover the inward facing one, but not with adhesives.

So usually everyone uses a piece of tape. Adhesive tape.

Microphones also.

Supposedly records on a 12 second loop and uploads at CER.

But I’ve seen a few clips that make me think that some offshore employee is watching all the time and just forwards back to the company what they think might need looking at.

I had a few uploads a week or two ago. I walked in and interrupted the safety guy and asked him if he got my uploads.

We went over them and he decided that I was in the right adjusting my speed according to changing traffic.

One guy got canned recently because during a hard brake the microphone picked up him saying, “Siri, text my wife.”

Apparently using voice to text doesn’t stand up in court, so it’s still considered texting.

Lawyers again... 🙄

So they reviewed his records and found **** tons of texts sent while he was driving.

Gone.

Only because voice to text doesn’t count either.