Celadon Lease Purchase Info

Tazz

Infidel
Me too. Much more better that way.........until there is no rum.

upload_2015-12-29_21-6-49.jpeg

Tazz

Infidel
I guess I am lucky in that I have never considered myself a trucker. And I really just DGAF what it looks like I am here for money.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I'm taking all my IFTA knowledge and applying it to beer prices/taxes in different states. Better for planning resets
That's nice.

So here's the bottom line kid. I didn't spend that time writing that post because I like seeing my own words. Industry wide, 90% of the people doing what you're attempting loose their butts, and some disastrously so. Why do you think we call them fleece deals? Its nothing but upside for the carrier with zero risk whether you win or lose. If you manage to survive your first year and net $50k - something 3 out of 4 can't, I just showed you a way to improve your net by about 5%. The only "work" required is buying your fuel correctly in a system that's rigged against you.

So in case you haven't figured this out, you're in a world of ****, and you need all the help you can get.

By the way... I own my truck. It was leased.

Good ****ing luck.

Last edited:

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
You understand that I don't give a crap about what you think? Good.

:violin:
I wasn't talking to you [quoting Tazz shoulda been a slight hint] but thanks for sharing.
:)

You understand that I don't give a crap whether you give a crap if I give a crap.
What do you think of that?
Just kidding...
I don't give a crap.
;)

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I wasn't talking to you [quoting Tazz shoulda been a slight hint] but thanks for sharing.
:)

You understand that I don't give a crap whether you give a crap if I give a crap.
What do you think of that?
Just kidding...
I don't give a crap.
;)
@Tazz thinks?

Drifter McDuck

Chill iron-man. I realize you were giving valuable info and I appreciate it. But I ain't no kid, in fact I've raised 6 of 'em myself. Trucking isn't my first business venture, and I've been through some really tough times being self employed, to include falling behind on child support and getting sentenced to jail time because business dried up for a few months. I meant no disrespect to anyone. I was just having a laugh at a complicated topic.

Kathleen

Orientation isn't too bad.... No pay but they do put you in a hotel and provide 3 meals a day. 2-3 days to complete that. Dealing with quality leasing is a bit of a pain.... If you go with a new truck you will be in and out relatively fast. If you go used, you may be there a few days waiting for maintenance and repairs etc. they are really pushing the Pro-Stars. The recruiters will tell you that all freight is $1.69-$2.29 per mile (of which you are paid 70%), but that is not true. They have some very low-paying runs. On the up-side, some are paying over $3 per mile, and you have the right to refuse a load. You also get 70% of the fuel surcharge. I've done two loads so far, and with the FSC, made $1.13 cpm on a 1400 mile run and $1.25 on a 450 mile run. They tried to give me a load that was 1300 miles at .69 cpm but I refused it and got a higher paying load that was only 9,000 pounds. Another guy who I went to orientation with has done $1.41 and $1.63 on his first two loads. Additional stop pay is $50. Mostly drop and hook but there are some live loads. So far, not too bad but I'll update as I do some more runs.
Are you actually making money with a Quality truck?

Drifter McDuck

Are you actually making money with a Quality truck?
I used my walk-away option last year when my son got diagnosed with cancer. Took a local job so I could spend more time with him. Thankfully that is behind us and he is cancer free. As far as making money with a quality lease truck, it can be done but it's difficult. Don't sign on with Celadon or their affiliated carriers. There is a list of carriers that Quality partners with and some of them seem decent, like Mercer.