Cat. Fuel Harness

Duck

I'll have me some fried chicken
Supporter
Usually when you increase horsepower, Fuel economy goes down.. Just like when I lean into the peddle, The further it goes the more fuel is burned.. I am happy with the fuel economy out of the C-15 in the 07 KW and the Western Star..
If it increases power just by spraying more fuel at the engine, it's unlikely to increase MPG. If something increases HP by making the engine burn the fuel more efficiently, then yes it is likely to increase MPG.

You may see a fuel mileage increase just by increasing the amount of fuel injected into the combustion chamber. The old mechanical pumps and injectors worked that way, the MPG gain would be minimal, but the horsepower gain would be very noticeable.

The electronic engines and all the aftermarket tuning enables you to gain pretty significant MPG and horsepower. If you don't buy into all the BS crap being force fed to the trucking industry about governed horsepower.

When you cut back horsepower and force the engine to work its @ss off to climb a hill or from a standing start, the MPG and pulling power are going to suffer.

The problem is that 95% or more of the drivers on the road today couldn't drive a high horsepower truck in a sensible manner. Which means keeping your speed at 65 or less, and not doing your best imitation of John Force at stop lights.

A properly tuned mechanical and electronic engine with high horsepower and a sensible driver can enjoy driving a truck with plenty of power to pull big hills and get 6+
MPG all day every day.

Tim

U.S.Constitution
Supporter
You may see a fuel mileage increase just by increasing the amount of fuel injected into the combustion chamber. The old mechanical pumps and injectors worked that way, the MPG gain would be minimal, but the horsepower gain would be very noticeable.

The electronic engines and all the aftermarket tuning enables you to gain pretty significant MPG and horsepower. If you don't buy into all the BS crap being force fed to the trucking industry about governed horsepower.

When you cut back horsepower and force the engine to work its @ss off to climb a hill or from a standing start, the MPG and pulling power are going to suffer.

The problem is that 95% or more of the drivers on the road today couldn't drive a high horsepower truck in a sensible manner. Which means keeping your speed at 65 or less, and not doing your best imitation of John Force at stop lights.

A properly tuned mechanical and electronic engine with high horsepower and a sensible driver can enjoy driving a truck with plenty of power to pull big hills and get 6+
MPG all day every day.
Vary nice first time post. Two thumbs up! View attachment 16241
View attachment 16241

terrylamar

67 mph/6.87 mpg terry and that's running hills. Especially that one... I travel all too often 64/77 thru the 'ginnia's into NC.
Computed on paper or by your truck's computer? Though, from my perspective as an owner operator paying for my own fuel, slowing down would get me another 1 mph.

DubbleD

Color Commentator
Computed on paper or by your truck's computer? Though, from my perspective as an owner operator paying for my own fuel, slowing down would get me another 1 mph.
Terry... we've been through this before. I use an abacus for extreme math problems. AND if I had a fleet of trucks getting me an additional mile on every gallon and ran millions of miles it might be worth it. But having only one friggen truck....IT AIN'T!

I know, I know... your savings have put 10teen sets of tires on your entire rig. I prefer spending far less time exposing my truck to additional risks because when it comes right down to it... the longer you're out there... the more apt you are to become involved in an ax-c-dent and killing somebody then losing all your worldly possessions in the inevitable law suit and having to fork over 90% of every dollar you make for the rest of your life to the family members of the lost.
View attachment 16242
View attachment 16242

terrylamar

Terry... we've been through this before. I use an abacus for extreme math problems. AND if I had a fleet of trucks getting me an additional mile on every gallon and ran millions of miles it might be worth it. But having only one friggen truck....IT AIN'T!

I know, I know... your savings have put 10teen sets of tires on your entire rig. I prefer spending far less time exposing my truck to additional risks because when it comes right down to it... the longer you're out there... the more apt you are to become involved in an ax-c-dent and killing somebody then losing all your worldly possessions in the inevitable law suit and having to fork over 90% of every dollar you make for the rest of your life to the family members of the lost.
View attachment 16243
Actually, running at higher speeds increases your chances for accidents more so than being on the road longer. I really don't care what anyone else does with their money, but I can use an extra $10,000.00 per year. It has paid for a truck, trailer, tires and many cups of Starbuck's Coffee!
View attachment 16243

DubbleD

Color Commentator
Actually, running at higher speeds increases your chances for accidents more so than being on the road longer. I really don't care what anyone else does with their money, but I can use an extra $10,000.00 per year. It has paid for a truck, trailer, tires and many cups of Starbuck's Coffee!
We both get up in the morning... look out the picture window and hope like heck we will do it again tomorrow. Then I put my pants on ..... right leg first. Don't make it right, don't make it wrong. It's just how I do it.
View attachment 16244
View attachment 16244

I drive 65 95% of the time and my mileage is 7.74 for the last several months, That's pullin a 53' dry van with anywhere from 7000lbs to 45000lbs in all terrains. I will get to 10 plus MPG before it's all said and done. I've been researching different options and I will use a combination of things to attain my goal of 10 plus MPG.

The product I currently use is called Envirotabs and i see very good results.

That guy

I drive 65 95% of the time and my mileage is 7.74 for the last several months, That's pullin a 53' dry van with anywhere from 7000lbs to 45000lbs in all terrains. I will get to 10 plus MPG before it's all said and done. I've been researching different options and I will use a combination of things to attain my goal of 10 plus MPG.

The product I currently use is called Envirotabs and i see very good results.
Haha! I get 5mpg hauling two loads on one trailer. I've already beat you to your 10mpg and I didn't have to try a snake oil product or make sales pitches to get it.

See its that kind of attitude that's part of the problem with the trucking industry, it's so caught up in all the BS that it's highly unlikely to ever change except for the worse. Just because you've never tried something new doesn't make it a snake oil product. The industry as a whole is convinced that the only way to make money and increase fuel mileage is to keep doing what's already been done. I'm pretty sure that doing what's already been done has got us where we are today, with government further into our back pocket and business then they've ever been. Everyone complains about everything, but we can't come together as a whole and get things changed to our benefits.

And just for the record Envirotabs is being used across the country by 1000's of drivers and small fleets with very good results.

You're entitled to your opinion, even if it is negative. Just as I'm entitled to mine, but the difference between your opinion and mine is I'm using Envirotabs and have verifiable proof of my opinion where you DO NOT. Whether you choose to believe my results is totally up to you, if you've never tried something you can not form an honest and informed opinion of it. Just because you've never seen on the shelves at a truck stop or at Wal Mart does not make it a snake oil product.

If you are not interested in putting an additional $10,000.00 plus a year back in your pocket in fuel savings that's fine with me, but unless you've actually tried Envirotabs then your opinion has no merit or credibility. You are just talking to hear your head roar.

Rubber Duck said:
Looks like I've got some of my own "research" to do later.
Here are a couple websites for you to look at to aid in your research.

www.greenfootglobal.com/greenisgood/gfc
this is the commercial site

www.gfgnetwork.com
www.greenfootglobal.com

I'm a consumer and distributor. I make available the information, you decide if you'd like to put Envirotabs to the test. If you do great, if not that's fine also.

I will tell you the product carries EPA registration and is safe for use in all internal combustion engines, and has millions of miles of real world results to back it up.

Racer X 69

I saw something the other day that made me laugh. An "owner operator" for one of the mega fleets pulled into the fuel island next to me, and not only left the truck running for the entire time they were fueling and while they were in the c-store for 20 minutes or so, but set it on high idle.

And the truck had those airtab things all over it. Chrome plated air tabs.

Guess they saved so much fuel with those things that they can afford the fuel for 45 minutes of fast idle time.

Gotta get me some of them things.

Latest posts