Cameron mo ambest

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Always been one of my preferred stops. A year later they finally have the expanded parking done.

According to the owner tonight, April they are breaking ground for a new truck stop terminal.

Sounds like there will be some growing pains.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Which one is that? Near the McDonalds or across the street?
Across from the McDonalds.

Always been one of my preferred stops. A year later they finally have the expanded parking done.

According to the owner tonight, April they are breaking ground for a new truck stop terminal.

There's still trucks parked every which-way by 10 PM.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter

i thought that AMBest along with The All American, bit the dust?

i used to stop at the AMBest in Frediricksburg, VA on I-95 and (around exit 133?) and was told a long time ago, that one closed to change names/company???

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
i thought that AMBest along with The All American, bit the dust?

i used to stop at the AMBest in Frediricksburg, VA on I-95 and (around exit 133?) and was told a long time ago, that one closed to change names/company???
I think the one in Covington VA is still an Ambest. It looks like the kind of place you go to die of a drug overdose. And that's AFTER the remodel.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
It's part of the expansion that's coming.
Every truck stop does.
These morons put the fuel island and scales smack in the middle of the lot. That means there's a batch if trucks parked in front of the fuel island, and a couple of mega losers parked by the scales - whichpretty much makes getting out of half of the spaces difficult... let alone backing into one of those spaces after all the losers have marked out their inventa spots.

Other than that, it's a great place to park.

Last edited:

Keendriver

Hates all of you
These morons put the fuel island and scales smack in the middle of the lot. That means there's a batch if trucks parked in front of the fuel island, and a couple of mega losers parked by the scales - whichpretty much makes getting out of half of the spaces difficult... let alone backing into one of those spaces after all the losers have marked out their inventa spots.

You edited it and yet.......

Back to the subject at hand. I really miss being otr :rolllaugh3: :thefinger:

Fins

Keen, I know you're right. After 2 1/2 years OTR doing OD, there is a lot to be said for running local. And that was 13 years ago for me. Today just has to be a total nightmare.

I go into a TA, just for the purified cow **** the goobermint mandates for my truck and I look at the lot, the lack of a restaurant, (all fast food garbage now) the store, the bathrooms and even the condition of the fuel island and I thank the Lord, I don't do that anymore. Even the Petro stops used to have a great salad bar at the Iron Skillet. Now it's Wendy's , McD's, or some other crap I wouldn't donate to a cat rescue shelter.

It an affair to sell tickets too, just watching some of these dudes waddle out of the truck and TRY to back into a spot. How the hell do these guys pass a physical?

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter

You must have missed the part where I said growing pains.