Truck Repair CAC pressure test tool

Did you make yours or buy yours?

Looks like I need one size as a pair for the CAC, one for the air pipe off the intake and a block off plate for the turbo. The pressure regulator can be universal for all three spots

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Lthe one I use for my Detroit clamps right onto the elbow where it attaches to the turbo.
IMG_20171031_190623290.jpg

Tests the entire system as it's installed on the truck. Every joint.

IMG_20171031_190321174.jpg

Detroit series 60 and the Cummins ISX have the same size elbow so it works on both of them.

I can test the system up to 45 PSI. The max for the regulator.

Lthe one I use for my Detroit clamps right onto the elbow where it attaches to the turbo.
View attachment 45595

Tests the entire system as it's installed on the truck. Every joint.

View attachment 45596

Detroit series 60 and the Cummins ISX have the same size elbow so it works on both of them.

Buy or make? That looks perfect

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Got it from the guy who tuned my truck. He makes them. The block off disk is machined.

Well that's convenient. I wonder if it's because they might get their parts from the same manufacturer or something. Either way, works for me. As long as their measurements and math is on point and we keep getting parts that we can share on various other attachments, you won't hear a peep from me :)