C R England my experience with hiring management (scam?)

I spoke with the C.R.England hiring management just a few minutes ago. They basically said they weren't interested because I told them I was currently looking for a job and the trucker lifestyle appealed to me. Their offer included:

Paid hotel + travel expenses stay during trucking school.

Paid schooling with a job guaranteed upon successful completion.

Truck assigned to me based at my home location or a location near me.

3-4 weeks on and 3-4 days off.

Trucking school paid for if signed on a 9 month contract.

When something sounds too good to be true I guess it is. Anyone have a GOOD trucking company that won't judge me for entry level? I need a company that is legit and pays for license schooling. I don't care if another contract is required, but I want them to treat me as a person. C.R.England has all the warning signs of a scam.

I have never failed a job interview but this was suspicious to me. It lasted two minutes.

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
your kidding right :confused-96: C.R. ENGLAND turned you down :rolleyes:. what did you do to them:confused-96::D. i'm surprised they didn't hire you and try to shove there lease deal down your throat:stirpot2:. wich would have been a big mistake. ill put it this way do a lot of research google is a persons best friend!!

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I spoke with the C.R.England hiring management just a few minutes ago. They basically said they weren't interested because I told them I was currently looking for a job and the trucker lifestyle appealed to me.

Anyone have a GOOD trucking company that won't judge me for entry level? I need a company that is legit and pays for license schooling. I don't care if another contract is required....
There's more to this than what we're seeing here. I don't know what, but I'm sure curious.

CRE did not end the interview because you're entry level. That's primarily who they hire.

If a company finances or pays for your training, you can bet there will be a contract involved, either for a specified amount of time required to work for the company or for repayment of a loan. Nothing in this industry is free.

There's more to this than what we're seeing here. I don't know what, but I'm sure curious.

CRE did not end the interview because you're entry level. That's primarily who they hire.

If a company finances or pays for your training, you can bet there will be a contract involved, either for a specified amount of time required to work for the company or for repayment of a loan. Nothing in this industry is free.

It's the truth. I have never failed a job interview before. I told them that trucking appealed to me and that I needed a job. I'm not sure why they ended the interview. I'm very polite and answered the phone at 8:00 am which is something I normally don't do. They basically ended the interview saying don't call back. They left a name and phone number, and trust me, I have done a LOT of research about trucking.

your kidding right :confused-96: C.R. ENGLAND turned you down :rolleyes:. what did you do to them:confused-96::D. i'm surprised they didn't hire you and try to shove there lease deal down your throat:stirpot2:. wich would have been a big mistake. ill put it this way do a lot of research google is a persons best friend!!
I have seen some reviews since that interview. So I'm still looking but it's frustrating.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Okay, to better point you in a viable direction or give you ideas, please answer: What's your age group (18-21, 21-25, 25-35, 35-50, 50+) What kind of employment history do you have? What does your driving record look like? and What is your criminal record like?

Okay, to better point you in a viable direction or give you ideas, please answer: What's your age group (18-21, 21-25, 25-35, 35-50, 50+) What kind of employment history do you have? What does your driving record look like? and What is your criminal record like?
21-25 years old, some college, two years work experience with same company and a clean driving record with no criminal history.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
You should be a shoo-in for any entry-level company with your location in their hiring area.

I'd suggest go to a truck stop and get one of those little half-sized magazines near the truckers' entrance. Look through that to get an idea who is currently training. Most of them will show a map of their hiring area. With what you posted here, I can't think of any other reason CRE gave you the cold shoulder. If you live someplace like Point Roberts, WA, you'll have some difficulty getting hired.

Mike

Staff member
I live in the Northern California area. Schneider looks good, after schooling. Would anyone recommend them? Swift called me back, but I was busy and couldn't get to the phone in time. No success in leaving a message.
Schneider, Swift, JB Hunt, all about the same. Good companies to get started with, and from there you can decide whether you want to continue your career with them, or look toward smaller companies, buy your own truck, etc...

The CR England thing is strange, but they likely did you a favor.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Swift has a yard in Lathrop and another in Willows. I believe the CDL school is held in Fontana.

Swift works on a loan/repay/reimburse program. It's a little complicated, but here goes: Your loan is (when I went through) $3,900 interest-free. Once you get on your own company truck, you will pay $75/week on a payroll deduction for 13 months. At the end of this time, the loan will be paid in full. Simultaneously, Swift will reimburse you $37.50/week for 26 months, until the same amount has been given back to you. If you choose to leave, or are separated from emloyment with Swift for any reason other than military duty, the outstanding balance of the loan comes due. They will work with you on payments as long as you remain in contact with them.

Pay isn't top of the industry, but it's far from being bottom of the industry. As with any job with any company, there's a certain amount of BS attached. You have to find the most tolerable flavor for you.

Swift has a yard in Lathrop and another in Willows. I believe the CDL school is held in Fontana.

Swift works on a loan/repay/reimburse program. It's a little complicated, but here goes: Your loan is (when I went through) $3,900 interest-free. Once you get on your own company truck, you will pay $75/week on a payroll deduction for 13 months. At the end of this time, the loan will be paid in full. Simultaneously, Swift will reimburse you $37.50/week for 26 months, until the same amount has been given back to you. If you choose to leave, or are separated from emloyment with Swift for any reason other than military duty, the outstanding balance of the loan comes due. They will work with you on payments as long as you remain in contact with them.

Pay isn't top of the industry, but it's far from being bottom of the industry. As with any job with any company, there's a certain amount of BS attached. You have to find the most tolerable flavor for you.

Swift contacted me. I'm considering taking their offer. It appears reasonable.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Mr Roper Mr Roper can give you some insight to first-year company driver experiences and what to expect from Swift. His experience is more recent than mine.

krelithous

Supporter
I have seen some reviews since that interview. So I'm still looking but it's frustrating.
avoid werner also . Watkins sheppard seems cool also. but you'll have to call to see if they require you to goto one of there approved schools!! that's one thing you should be asking your potential employer is if they have a list of approved schools!! and just because you got your CDL doesnt mean you have a job!! I wouldn't consider myself hired until I was on the payroll!!

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
avoid werner also . Watkins sheppard seems cool also. but you'll have to call to see if they require you to goto one of there approved schools!! that's one thing you should be asking your potential employer is if they have a list of approved schools!! and just because you got your CDL doesnt mean you have a job!! I wouldn't consider myself hired until I was on the payroll!!
The way I'm reading his posts, he doesn't have his CDL and is looking for a company-sponsored school to get it.

krelithous

Supporter
The way I'm reading his posts, he doesn't have his CDL and is looking for a company-sponsored school to get it.
well if that's the case then. swift will train him and help him get his CDL but if he's in northern ca then he will ghave to study the ca commercial drivers manual!!. werner and kllm want you to goto a school then they will reimburse the cost of getting your CDL I forgot what Watkins and sheppard offered but they wanted me to go to roadmaster I told em to cram it:rolleyes:. as like most recruiters he was very shady would not give me some kind of estimate or nothing:mad: