Ketogenic Diet Bulletproof Coffee - Many options, this is my current recipe

Mike

Staff member
A staple for many living the ketogenic lifestyle is coffee. More specifically, BulletProof coffee. I linked you to the official recipe, and below I will post my current recipe. I say "current" because this is a staple of my diet, and it is occasionally modified.

I start, obviously, with 8-10 ounces of coffee. you can buy the actual BulletProof coffee above, I choose to simply use Folgers. In time, as I clean my diet up further, I might let go of more money for something better.

The ingredients I add to the coffee are:
  • 1 Tablespoon of Unsalted Grass Fed Butter ( I buy the sticks, as they are easiest to use in the truck)
  • 1 Tablespoon of BulletProof Brain Octane Oil. (you can use any MCT oil, or coconut oil)
  • 1-2 Tablespoons of Raw Cacao powder
I blend this with a stick blender. This is a stick blender:
stick blender.jpg

Takes very little time to make this. While the coffee is brewing, you can put all the ingredients into your cup. I recommend a 16-20 ounce cup, otherwise you might make a mess while blending. This is the healthiest cup of coffee you could ever drink ;) (my opinion, of course)

Mike

Staff member
Sounds like it tastes awful
I drink it twice a day and love it. Done it long enough now that I don't like coffee any other way.

This is basically my first two meals of the day. I make a cup when I start my day, then another one around lunch time. It's usually mid afternoon before I actually eat anything.

Mike

Staff member
To add to what I said....

As you convert to a ketogenic lifestyle, and your body becomes fat adaptive (turning fat into fuel, rather than carbs), your taste buds will change. Sweet things become too sweet, healthy fats become very appealing.

InTooDeep

Isn't the keto diet also known as the caveman diet? Because that is the way I have been doing it for about 3 months and have lost over 20 lbs. Not really trying to do it by the book more like just eating the way cavemen did oh yeah and kicking the soda to the door.

Mike

Staff member
Isn't the keto diet also known as the caveman diet?
No. The Paleo diet is what is referred to as the caveman diet. There are many similarities when eating a nutritional dense keto diet, as you are focusing on whole foods, but that is where the similarities end.

Paleo diet is a diet that focuses strictly on eating real whole food. Nothing processed.

many on keto do the same thing, but the primary focus on keto is maintaining high fat, moderate protein, and very low carbs.

InTooDeep

Yeah that's it thank you. We don't go all crazy like. Just eating better and cutting out as much processed food as posible. We are doing it like this because we know if we try to get to regimented there is no way in hell we would stick to it. So far we both feel better and have lost poundage.