breaker-breaker...I need a complete glossary of American trucker CB lingo, you got a copy on that, good buddies, come back!

Renegade 21

They all have Smartphones , due to one of the two needs to be smart.

C.B is not dead, just a different breed of drivers out there today. Die hard truckers still have, use, and have a brain to know to keep them on to receive those "bear reports", traffic/ construction incidents, and so forth

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
In some cases. There has to be something smart in the truck. Smartphones, and technology have taken the human brain, common sense, and replaced it with idiocracy
It's also brought a revolution to our lives and the way we conduct business.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
In some cases. There has to be something smart in the truck. Smartphones, and technology have taken the human brain, common sense, and replaced it with idiocracy
Maybe it’s the rose coloured spectacles but I sort of miss calling in from a pay phone. Get sent to Houston or Miami and never talk to anyone at the office until you were there and delivered

Shreck

Maybe it’s the rose coloured spectacles but I sort of miss calling in from a pay phone. Get sent to Houston or Miami and never talk to anyone at the office until you were there and delivered
Yep,sure do miss the days of give me a set of bills,tell me when you want the load there,then leave me alone.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Yep,sure do miss the days of give me a set of bills,tell me when you want the load there,then leave me alone.
That was the best running, for sure.

I miss when guys used to wish you “enjoy the ride”.....now it’s “stay safe”

Hillbilly Canuck

Ya I was gonna say I never really had that problem getting hanmered about what's going on when's it getting there how you making out etc etc. MY problem was always having to beat them head and shoulders to get the next one on the deck.

dchawk81

Supporter
That is a pretty good streak! I think my record is 3 weeks.
I only ever go in if I gotta ***** about my pay or I did something they wanna scold me for.

Or trip sheets. I'm gonna need trip sheets when I go in tomorrow. It's just Steve though. He doesn't have any power so I don't mind him.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I never really got hassled about what I was doing and if I would be on time.
Except one time the DM sat messaged me asking if I was going to be on time? I called her back and said I hope so, I am 100miles away and it don't deliver until tomorrow. She was confused on what day it was. :rolllaugh:
We had a good laugh.

How are you making out? ( kinda personal doncha think?)
I am not making out, I am driving right now! :rolllaugh:

dchawk81

Supporter
I never really got hassled about what I was doing and if I would be on time.
Except one time the DM sat messaged me asking if I was going to be on time? I called her back and said I hope so, I am 100miles away and it don't deliver until tomorrow. She was confused on what day it was. :rolllaugh:
We had a good laugh.

How are you making out? ( kinda personal doncha think?)
I am not making out, I am driving right now! :rolllaugh:
I'm making out like I always do. With one hand on the wheel and the other wherever she'll let me.