Big Truck Transmissions

Big Truck Transmissions - Automatic or Standard?

• Total voters

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Now that I have your attention.Companies seen hell bent on going with auto transmissions.I just wanted to get an idea from the men and women that actually have to drive the machines on thier preferences.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
This thread is not related to the kind of trannies I was thinking of, and due to morbid curiousity, I'm deeply disappointed, and sucked into a conversation about trucks. I do not come to this forum to talk about trucks.

I have a gardening forum for that.

goddamit. Now I have to read the options and vote, and discuss something when I'd much rather make fun of freaks or fat people.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
This thread is not related to the kind of trannies I was thinking of, and due to morbid curiousity, I'm deeply disappointed, and sucked into a conversation about trucks. I do not come to this forum to talk about trucks.

goddamit. Now I have to read the options and vote, and discuss something when I'd much rather make fun of freaks or fat people.
LMAO

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I drive a standard, and would "prefer" to not drive an auto unless I'm a city P&D driver, a garbage truck driver, or something like that.

I voted option two.

In the military, I did drive autos though.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I have driven both. I prefer a standard,But depending on how many big cities I,m in sometimes the auto's are good.The eaton fuller seems to be quiker and smoother than the arvin meritor.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Oh god. Did we need to be told that something works better than a meritor?

I had a standard 10 behind a 400 ISX for a while. Didn't mind the ISX, but that meritor was awful. People have told me Spicer is worse, but do they even make transmissions anymore?

bigyellowpete

Town Bike
Supporter

You voted too soon.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter

Next is a thread and a poll on how many freaks and fat people drive standards or automatics.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Lmfao,Who put the other option there?I suspect a mod? maybe B.Y.P.lmfao not just typing it but realy doing it.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Lmfao,Who put the other option there?I suspect a mod? maybe B.Y.P.lmfao not just typing it but realy doing it.

You can edit your own polls.

Provided you're sober enough.

I've come to understand theres a bit of a problem with that around here...

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
It wasn't an option before when I started this,but it's funny. I just wish I had thought of it first,So it stays.

saddlesore

If I had a set behind this yellow Briggs & Stratton. I think that I could get the rpm vs road speed in the sweet spot ..ie 72 mph @ 1300 rpm just might be able to get at least 5 mpg. current sweet spot is at 52 mph and can break 6.5 mpg if stay under 55.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Ouch. Sorry.

I had a boss once that was on the new *****ing about that very thing. How technology has actually ended up COSTING money and FUEL.

I want the hippies to just disappear. Them and the lawyers have screwed this country since the nuke debate in the 70's. They really have.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Wow, hard to believe only 5 people on this forum drive a standard or automatic truck.What are the rest driving?