Beginning the process on the 23rd at Roehl

Springer62

I just finished CDL school and have all my endorsements and a brand new Class A license now it is off to Roehl to get my real training as the school only teaches how to pass the test. I have high hopes of enjoying this new adventure and learning a lot this coming year. Any advice will be appreciated.

Mike

Staff member
Good luck with Roehl, interested in how your experience goes with them.

Duck

Trump
Supporter
...Any advice will be appreciated.
The only thing I know about Roehl is that they're obsessed with safety stuff, so no matter how boring or redundant the safety-related stuff during orientation may be, try to stay awake and look interested.

Oh, .. and if you've been pronouncing the name of the company like "Role" or "Row-ell" like I do, it's wrong. It's German and is pronounced "Rail". (I say it the other way because I only speak English.)

Treefork

I just finished CDL school and have all my endorsements and a brand new Class A license now it is off to Roehl to get my real training as the school only teaches how to pass the test. I have high hopes of enjoying this new adventure and learning a lot this coming year. Any advice will be appreciated.
Going Van or Flat?

Springer62

I'm going National Van. True it will wear off in time like all things do but for now I am pumped to learn as much as I can.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
The only thing I know about Roehl is that they're obsessed with safety stuff, so no matter how boring or redundant the safety-related stuff during orientation may be, try to stay awake and look interested.

Oh, .. and if you've been pronouncing the name of the company like "Role" or "Row-ell" like I do, it's wrong. It's German and is pronounced "Rail". (I say it the other way because I only speak English.)
It would make sense If It was pronounced ROLL.It would make sense if it was pronounced "rail" and they hauled cans,To me anyway.

MustangLX

Parolee,financial advisor

[h=1]H O Wolding, Inc.[/h]
That other Wisconsin company with the odd sounding name. I can never say it rapidly.

you made a good choice starting out with Roehl!!!!! I started out with them in 2009 till 2010 when i got a local job. Very big on safety. The only thing i didnt like was they always gave me loads to new york or canada after my weekend at home, but i understand it was because of where i live. Canada just a pain in the butt not to bad going in but terrible trying to get back into the states. One final thing you will notice when you pass a fellow Roehl driver they do the german salute. Good luck stay safe.

Cerberus

In God We Trust
LOL, i was thinking the same thing.

Springer, best of luck to you. Wish you nothing but the best of luck starting your new career. Its what you make of it, and don't sweat the small stuff.

Springer62

So we do the German salute huh? LOL . So do we goose step to the truck too? Thanks Cerberus I am sure there will be good and bad about this job , just want to keep positive as long as possible. Oh Cerebus I love the avatar. Thanks for the info randydebolt. I am sure this is going to be interesting. I am packing today and picking up the car tomorrow and taking off early Sunday from Frankfort and heading to Appleton. I am trying to fit everything into one dufflebag so I won't take up much space in the trainers truck.

Cerberus

In God We Trust
Good idea trying to keep it to one dufflebag. Gotta remember all of their stuff is already in there so not much room for more. Usually just put it on your bunk during driving time and such and put it in the passengers seat when sleeping. and dont forget bedblankets and pillow. Hope you get a good trainer and he teaches you alot in a professional way. It would be a bonus if you have a chance to talk to the person your going to learn from beforehand. Get a little feelng what they are like and what they expect from you.

Latest posts