Bee truck overturns, driver blames GPS

Tazz

Infidel
Cleanup Continues After Bees Escape Semi Crash

The crash happened around 1:30 p.m. Monday in a rural area near 1842 Posey Hill Road, about three miles sound of the Beckwith Road interchange with Interstate 40.

The driver of the truck told first responders that his GPS took him the wrong direction, putting him on the small Mt. Juliet road.

Uhm No! You chose to follow that road, you failed to secure accurate directions into the farm, you failed to navigate a turn you could have by being lazy.

Why is it never the drivers fault anymore? There were two turns just as tight on that road before he decided to drop his tandems in the ditch.

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
Drivers or rather steering wheel holders don't see anything wrong with their surroundings,don't read signs absolute nothing.
they just drive.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Drivers or rather steering wheel holders don't see anything wrong with their surroundings,don't read signs absolute nothing.
they just drive.
On the "Bright" Side this guy might have done us a BIG FAVOR....

I was reading where the BEE Population is "Struggling" and creating a "Shortage" of POLLINATORS for Crops and Plants...

This trailer probably held MILLIONS of Bees and the "ESCAPEES" will BREED in the WILD helping to BOOST the BEE Population

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
just another ass behind the wheel, blaming anything else buy himself.
Precisely GPS is only a TOOL.....

I run a Rand McNally "Trucker" GPS and while I give it a 85% "Accuracy" rating NEVER follow it BLINDLY....

Even this TRUCKER GPS has a mind of its OWN and will direct ya to NARROW side streets and even Dirt Roads...or Impossible U-TURNS...

Basically GAnthony GAnthony if it don't LOOK RIGHT well ya keep GOING find a safe place to stop or turn around and Re Evaluate

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Precisely GPS is only a TOOL.....

I run a Rand McNally "Trucker" GPS and while I give it a 85% "Accuracy" rating NEVER follow it BLINDLY....

Even this TRUCKER GPS has a mind of its OWN and will direct ya to NARROW side streets and even Dirt Roads...or Impossible U-TURNS...

Basically GAnthony GAnthony if it don't LOOK RIGHT well ya keep GOING find a safe place to stop or turn around and Re Evaluate
my GPS always tells me the place i want is on the left...uh...no...it's on the right, or vice-versa. good thing i have a regular route....

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
I have never had a GPS tell me to roll the truck over.
Nobody has or the GPS manufacturer would be SUED.....infact that's already happened in the Early Days of "Consumer GPS.....why do ya think they MAKE you Push 2 "Accept" the TERMS otherwise the UNIT will "NOT" Function....

Again @rigjockey it all boils down to "Common Sense"....

If a Road or a Turn don't look right I will " Keep Going" until I can "Pull Off" SAFELY and "Verify"....

VERIFICATION is often Calling The "Customer" provided they ANSWER the damn phone....

If that "FAILS" then I call DISPATCH and ask them or if Another DRIVER who goes there "Regular" and a Cell Phone #...

Worst comes 2 WORST.....Google Maps , EYEBALLS, and COMMON SENSE

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Nobody has or the GPS manufacturer would be SUED.....infact that's already happened in the Early Days of "Consumer GPS.....why do ya think they MAKE you Push 2 "Accept" the TERMS otherwise the UNIT will "NOT" Function....

Again @rigjockey it all boils down to "Common Sense"....

If a Road or a Turn don't look right I will " Keep Going" until I can "Pull Off" SAFELY and "Verify"....

VERIFICATION is often Calling The "Customer" provided they ANSWER the damn phone....

If that "FAILS" then I call DISPATCH and ask them or if Another DRIVER who goes there "Regular" and a Cell Phone #...

Worst comes 2 WORST.....Google Maps , EYEBALLS, and COMMON SENSE
I should have made a button on my post for you to click on. Acknowledging and accepting that I was making a joke.