Beating the ELD - Cracking it ??? Can you

Has anyone heard of or come up with a way/software/program to work around the ELD issues??
they are nothing more that a program that is running off information from the Jplug on the truck, so im sure someone has or can come up with something to plug into it that will allow you to "over ride" the ELD and put your own info in???

ANYONE? im sure there are a lot of smart computer people out there.....

Yeah and they are going to be dumb enough to post it on an open forum:rolleyes:

Way to make the industry look ignorant and illegal:bowdown:

OK true enough - didn't think of it that way.
sorry that was a little ignorant of me

So how would one find such a way/person?

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Yeah and they are going to be dumb enough to post it on an open forum:rolleyes:
After they mandate them and all the manufacturers hack something together to comply with the draconian parameters they will undoubtedly enforce, having no more need to allow leeway to fool the gullible sheep into thinking they're not so bad,... Surely some nerds will come up with hacks for them.

And when they do I'm going to post them on every forum and file sharing site I can find. Just like I did with the CAD file for that 3D printer handgun the Obama regime tried to suppress.

Because people have the God given right to go about our business without being tracked, regardless of what the feds or the brainwashed sheep say (during the occasional brief periods they pull their tongues out of the government's ass crack).

After they mandate them and all the manufacturers hack something together to comply with the draconian parameters they will undoubtedly enforce, having no more need to allow leeway to fool the gullible sheep into thinking they're not so bad,... Surely some nerds will come up with hacks for them.

And when they do I'm going to post them on every forum and file sharing site I can find. Just like I did with the CAD file for that 3D printer handgun the Obama regime tried to suppress.

Because people have the God given right to go about our business without being tracked, regardless of what the feds or the brainwashed sheep say (during the occasional brief periods they pull their tongues out of the government's ass crack).
:rolleyes:

Yep just as irrelevant and meaningless as posting a picture smoking in a rest area. If you want to make a stand just throw them out the window. Don't run a log book, screw being in compliance with established laws and regulations of public roads.

Hell stand up if your going to. Posting silly crap on the Internet is pointless. Trying to hide what you are doiing just shows your scared to take a stand. Tell that Diesel Bear "F you pig I have the right to be free:mad:!"

The fact that you have no right to be on the road may finally sink in as they haul you and your truck away;)

Duck

Quack
Supporter
just throw them out the window. Don't run a log book, screw being in compliance with established laws and regulations of public roads.
Now you're talking. :thumbsup:

Feel free. Hell you have nothing to lose right? Steal the use of those roads, screw fuel tax just run off road, insurance?????bag screw that noise. Actual registration. Nah.

Of course you should be equally in favor of people building a meth lab next door, or a *****house, or even worse one of those vape shops.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Has anyone heard of or come up with a way/software/program to work around the ELD issues??
they are nothing more that a program that is running off information from the Jplug on the truck, so im sure someone has or can come up with something to plug into it that will allow you to "over ride" the ELD and put your own info in???

ANYONE? im sure there are a lot of smart computer people out there.....

the best way i know of to "beat" the system. keep your equipment maintained and serviceable and stop trying to beat the system.

you'll have less hassle from inspections and be able to keep your authority and more importantly, insurance.

Screenshot_2017-05-01-11-06-24.png

Attachments

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I'm sure somebody, somewhere will figure out how to hack elogs. Not that I think it'll do anything except line the hackers' pockets. It's been pointed out a thousand times, there are too many other ways of comparing claimed activity to actual activity.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Feel free. Hell you have nothing to lose right? Steal the use of those roads, screw fuel tax just run off road, insurance?????bag screw that noise. Actual registration. Nah.

Of course you should be equally in favor of people building a meth lab next door, or a *****house, or even worse one of those vape shops.
:coocoo:

In this "free" state of America, we are all being tracked & have been for years. It has nothing to do with e-logs.

Have a cell phone? Have a fuel card? Have ez pass,? Have a pre-pass? Have a debit card? Have a qual-com or other communication device to get load info?
Being tracked is the lamest argument against e-logs. E-logs are here and not going away. Maybe if us drivers would have NOT been fudging things for years, I admit I did it too, we wouldn't be in this situation. If we would have stood together years ago and logged things EXACTLY as we did them, this wouldn't have happened. But we chose to do what we knew we could "get away" with to make a living and now we want to complain. Too late folks.

Why not try to work to correct the egregious problems of the industry that make e-logs such a pain. How about scrapping the 14 hour rule for OTR? (I happen to like the 14 hour rule & wouldn't mind it dropping to 12 for local driving. If I can't make a good living working 10-12's, I'm working for the wrong employer)
How about bringing back the 5 & 5 split?
How about doing away with wait times for loading or unloading that steal driving hours? How about scrapping the paid by the mile, paid by the load or percentage pay? How about being paid for ALL work you do like pre-trips, fueling, loading/unloading? I know that'll never happen as far too many "drivers" lack the work ethic to actually allow that to work.
Some would argue they want loading/unloading times to not count against driving hours. I disagree with that unless the driver is actually allowed to be sleeping at that time. I've been there done that. Babysit your CB or cell phone these days waiting for your dock NOT sleeping getting tired as you wait and then still be expected to drive your full hours to delivery/pickup point. That kind of crap is part of what has led us to e-logs.
How about increasing training standards? Not everyone can or should drive a truck. How about increasing training pay? Make it worth it for an experienced driver to actually train a new driver properly.
Maybe have an internship type set up. Another change that will never happen because companies don't care because it would cost them money and they would rather have the government implement more restrictive BS to "control" these inexperienced "drivers".
How about working against the stigma that trucking is not a skilled profession? It is quite obvious out on the roads of America, NOT everyone can do it well or professionally. Which leads right back to the increased training standards argument. Teach these dolts that it's NOT professional to take a 30 minute break on the fuel island, ESPECIALLY when there are lots of parking spots available! Teach these dolts that doing ANYTHING behind the wheel other than driving is NOT professional! I'll stop before I go off on a rant ;)

Duck

Quack
Supporter
People are unworthy of every right they voluntarily give up.

The 5 and 5 split was abused to all hell to cover dock time, wait time, lazy assed drivers......

If you can not get your work done in 14 hours find a new job.

Latest posts