Baseball is back! How's you team doin'?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #42
Wow! I don't even know who is on our team any more. The entire first string of players is on the DL. The whole friggen team is injured plus one wife beater that is on suspension.

So it is pretty much guys that came up from the farm teams on the field right now and trades are flying left and right after the All Star game.
The only comfort and it is cold comfort is that the American league won the all star game :rolleyes-80: BFD!:D

InTooDeep

I hate when the two teams I call " mine" play each other. But at least this year the A's are playing for something. Where as the Jays not so much

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #45
I hate when the two teams I call " mine" play each other. But at least this year the A's are playing for something. Where as the Jays not so much
You are an A's fan. I am sure you have seen the movie moneyball. If you haven't seen it, it is pretty good!

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #47
I usually just watch the Jays games. Tonight I caught the game of the series between The Yankees and Boston Red Socks. Excellent game! This is baseball!
I know I will be watching the rest of the series. Rooting for Boston.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
I usually just watch the Jays games. Tonight I caught the game of the series between The Yankees and Boston Red Socks. Excellent game! This is baseball!
I know I will be watching the rest of the series. Rooting for Boston.
Screw the Yankees!!

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Hopefully both Chicago teams suck this year.

Few things are as annoying as sports fans when their team is doing well. :mad:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #51
I woke up after my second nap around 1 pm. The Toronto vs Seattle game was on.
Wait, what? It is like 10 am in Seattle.:dunno: Yeah it was a re-play of last nights game. Meh,:dunno:
I watched all 9 innings.
I am now watching the current Toronto vs. Seattle game. There are more Toronto fans in the stands than there are Seattle fans in the Seattle ballpark.

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
I woke up after my second nap around 1 pm. The Toronto vs Seattle game was on.
Wait, what? It is like 10 am in Seattle.:dunno: Yeah it was a re-play of last nights game. Meh,:dunno:
I watched all 9 innings.
I am now watching the current Toronto vs. Seattle game. There are more Toronto fans in the stands than there are Seattle fans in the Seattle ballpark.
Watching them lose once in a day just wasn’t enough for you? Lol

RDBG

Sure the Jays can lose some games but nobody chokes like the Leafs.

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
Sure the Jays can lose some games but nobody chokes like the Leafs.
I don’t disagree with that, and the Vegas Golden Knights chokes out them last two games of the play offs, the Caps Deserved the cup.

krelithous

Supporter
watched the boston red sox against the toronto blue jays yesturday red sox won:usflag::thumbsup: the final score was 10 red sox and 7 blue jays

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #56
watched the boston red sox against the toronto blue jays yesturday red sox won:usflag::thumbsup: the final score was 10 red sox and 7 blue jays
Umm yeh I would hope so. The first place team against the second last team in the division.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thread starter #58
It looks like Toronto is going to gut the team after this season, including manager John (Gibby) Gibbons and also deal Josh Donaldson.
Usually I hate when they gut the team but, They may as well. There are some really great players in Toronto's farm system

IMO they never should have hired Shapiro and he should be the first to go!
Who in the hell hires the guy from at the time last place Cleveland indians?
What did they expect?

I was watching the Game NY vs. Toronto and I am surprised by the lack of attendance in the stands for a second place team, NY. There are more people in the stands in Toronto and they are in second last place.:coocoo:

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
Who in the hell hires the guy from at the time last place Cleveland indians?
1 Someone who lost a bet.

2 Some one who got caught up streaming the “Major League” movies. Thought if they could hire a terrible manager who likes to lose. The team would pull together and win.