Baseball 2019.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I use this app, it works about 85% of the time. Today not having so much luck but I hear the Braves are up by 2 right now.

I do enjoy seeing pitchers at bat. Not many of them have a good on base percentage. 🤣🤣 I just love baseball though.
Yup! Braves are up 2-zip in the 5th.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I think people appreciate an open field more than a dome. Domes are good for change over sports that cross into winter like football where you want to keep the snow off the field.
:rolllaugh: Opening day, the First year for the Toronto Blue Jays in April 1977.
It was a freak of nature. We usually don't get snow in April but here it is, Opening day. :rolllaugh:
1567557633574.png

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Rigjockey Rigjockey Not to side bar this I did a little research while laying around this weekend. Everyone should know that Tim Horton was a hockey player, played for the maple leafs and the sabres. And died tragically in a car wreck back in 74. But this I didn’t know. He started his coffee shop in 1964, 7 years before starschmucks. Suck on that Seattle!

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Rigjockey Rigjockey Not to side bar this I did a little research while laying around this weekend. Everyone should know that Tim Horton was a hockey player, played for the maple leafs and the sabres. And died tragically in a car wreck back in 74. But this I didn’t know. He started his coffee shop in 1964, 7 years before starschmucks. Suck on that Seattle!
Yup! He was a Hockey player and created Tim Hortons. I was at the the first ever Tim Horton's location in Hamilton Ontario.

Poor Eddy Shack!:( He was a hockey player too. "Clear the track, here comes Eddie Shack!" Eddy Shack opened a chain of coffee and donut shops that eventually failed:(

I did go to Eddy Shacks coffee shop and support him because, when I was kid he was good enough to sign a hockey stick for me and talk a bit during an autograph session.

Damn! I wish I still had that autographed Eddie shack stick!:(

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Yup! He was a Hockey player and created Tim Hortons. I was at the the first ever Tim Horton's location in Hamilton Ontario.

Poor Eddy Shack!:( He was a hockey player too. "Clear the track, here comes Eddie Shack!" Eddy Shack opened a chain of coffee and donut shops that eventually failed:(

I did go to Eddy Shacks coffee shop and support him because, when I was kid he was good enough to sign a hockey stick for me and talk a bit during an autograph session.

Damn! I wish I still had that autographed Eddie shack stick!:(
No kidding! I have a friend who had a Gretzky autographed stick. His ex wife snapped it in half and burned it and sent him the video. (She was leaving him while deployed) his new wife has a pic of her with the great one and two semi pro players drinking beer in a bar somewhere.

Anywho sorry, I’m infected with hockey I know. But based on y’all talking about Timmies all the time. The TA coffee sucked so I dropped it in the trash and went and got a double double. It wasn’t as bad as I remembered. I actually enjoyed it. I also got a maple waffle sandwich and a honey dipped donut that was pretty bad ass.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
No kidding! I have a friend who had a Gretzky autographed stick. His ex wife snapped it in half and burned it and sent him the video. (She was leaving him while deployed) his new wife has a pic of her with the great one and two semi pro players drinking beer in a bar somewhere.
Wow, a signed Gretzky stick:cool: Breaking a signed Gretzky should be punishable by deathby being pelted with Tim bits!
(Tim bits are just donut holes that they fry)

No worries on the derail, Every topic takes a curve from time to time. We will get back on 'er (topic) soon enough.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Damn r3gulator3 r3gulator3 I was looking for a 3 game series with Atlanta. The series was only 2 games and we got swept. A 3rd game would not matter.
So, Congrats! 👍 The Braves take it.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Damn r3gulator3 r3gulator3 I was looking for a 3 game series with Atlanta. The series was only 2 games and we got swept. A 3rd game would not matter.
So, Congrats! 👍 The Braves take it.
Thanks bud, maybe your Major League movie version of the Cleveland Indians will turn it around. Maybe they will get the wild thing to pitch. 😁

Seriously though I hope the jays turn it around for ya bud.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thanks bud, maybe your Major League movie version of the Cleveland Indians will turn it around. Maybe they will get the wild thing to pitch. 😁

Seriously though I hope the jays turn it around for ya bud.
Ironic being as we have Shapiro, Former GM for Cleveland Indians as the Toronto Blue Jays GM ;)

Meh, We are good. This year will not be our year. Maybe next year.
I love the game. So no matter who is in the play-offs I will be watching unless it is a west coast team. Way too late to stay up on a school night.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Ironic being as we have Shapiro, Former GM for Cleveland Indians as the Toronto Blue Jays GM ;)

I love the game. So no matter who is in the play-offs I will be watching unless it is a west coast team. Way too late to stay up on a school night.
Yeah. I listen to whatever games are on while I’m driving or what’s on in a bar if I happen into one lol.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter

Have you checked the Dodgers standings?

I’m thinking there’s gonna be a west coast team involved..

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Have you checked the Dodgers standings?

I’m thinking there’s gonna be a west coast team involved..
Dodgers are leading the National West at 91-50. They actually have the best record currently in the national league. Second is the Braves.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Tonights Jays game against the T.bay, Rays is only available on Youtube and not the sports network that usually televises the games.
No problem, I can cast from my phone or computer to my T.V.

Anyone have any idea on why MLB would choose to show the game on Youtube only?
My theory is it is a trial and if it has positive results and savings, they may just Youtube all the games in the future.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Tonights Jays game against the T.bay, Rays is only available on Youtube and not the sports network that usually televises the games.
No problem, I can cast from my phone or computer to my T.V.

Anyone have any idea on why MLB would choose to show the game on Youtube only?
My theory is it is a trial and if it has positive results and savings, they may just Youtube all the games in the future.
First your abbreviations of Tampa makes it sound like a bbq sauce.

Money, YouTube is getting paid to cast blackout games.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
First your abbreviations of Tampa makes it sound like a bbq sauce.

Money, YouTube is getting paid to cast blackout games.
Ah yeah, you got that Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce on your mind :D
I am cool with streaming black out games. It will be interesting to see where they go with this.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Nope. It is open to the public on the Youtubes. free of charge for anyone with internet access.
I wouldn't try it on payed Flying-Pilot WiFi though :rolllaugh:
That has gotten a lot better in the last year. If I can park close enough to get the signal. I can stream movies all weekend long on my tablet. But like you I have unlimited data so I don’t even sweat it.