Baseball 2019.

Keendriver

Hates all of you
[QUOTEUSER=2484] Keendriver Keendriver [/USER] ' Orioles and my Jays were in the play-offs for a wild card spot.

[/QUOTE]

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Be a Braves fan, we always in the playoffs.
I wish I could be a Braves fan, I really do. I would have less tears in my beer:cry:
I just can't get behind that Tomahawk chop thing and that chant:rolleyes-80:
Also in the 1992 World Series Atlanta hung the Canadian flag upside down as if we were in distress. We went on to win the World series.:D
They later apologized for the gaffe, It's all good.:thumbsup:

I really wish I could be a braves fan but, I love my Jays ever since I was a young boy in 1977 watching the Jays first year in MLB

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I was a Braves fan...before the strike. My friend took me to an Oriole game back when Camden Yards was fairly new. I bought a Braves hat in the gift shop. And the Orioles were playing the Angels.

Mike

Staff member
Always gonna be a Rangers fan because they were my home team for many years. Starting to pay attention more to the Royals now, given they are closer to me, and they have a minor league team here where I live.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Always gonna be a Rangers fan because they were my home team for many years. Starting to pay attention more to the Royals now, given they are closer to me, and they have a minor league team here where I live.
Hahaha we have a royals minor league team in Omaha too! The Omaha Stormchasers

Keendriver

Hates all of you
Hard as it may be to believe, the O's were at one time, beddy beddy good. I went my first game back at the old Memorial Stadium on 33rd street.
Names like Palmer, Robinson (both flavors),Belanger,Powell, Baylor, Blair, Grich and of course the Little General himself, the Earl of Baltimore Weaver.

Holy **** I'm ****in' old!

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Hard as it may be to believe, the O's were at one time, beddy beddy good. I went my first game back at the old Memorial Stadium on 33rd street.
Names like Palmer, Robinson (both flavors),Belanger,Powell, Baylor, Blair, Grich and of course the Little General himself, the Earl of Baltimore Weaver.

Holy **** I'm ****in' old!
You also get to Claim the Ripken Dynasty.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I think the series is going to be Dodgers and someone else. Well obviously someone else but I can’t quite figure who. The filthy American League has a few good teams. As usual the Yankees are one.

Dodgers Yankees would be pretty cool.

Joe Torre would probably go all schizo in the dugout.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Craig Counsel does not impress me as the Brewers manager.

I heard an interview where he said he’d told the team not to play their hardest every game because they’ll just wear themselves out by mid season.

Hopefully I did not hear that correctly.

Keendriver

Hates all of you
Craig Counsel does not impress me as the Brewers manager.

I heard an interview where he said he’d told the team not to play their hardest every game because they’ll just wear themselves out by mid season.

Hopefully I did not hear that correctly.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
r3gulator3 r3gulator3 I just noticed you have a good man at the wheel with G.M. Alex Anthopoulos. 👍
He was the man that built the 2015 jays team that made the play-offs. Josh Donaldson was instrumental in making the team bond and do well.
I see now your Braves have both (G.M) A.A. and Josh Donaldson.:thumbsup:
We have Shapiro that built the ever losing Cleveland Indians🤦‍♂️

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
r3gulator3 r3gulator3 I just noticed you have a good man at the wheel with G.M. Alex Anthopoulos. 👍
He was the man that built the 2015 jays team that made the play-offs. Josh Donaldson was instrumental in making the team bond and do well.
I see now your Braves have both (G.M) A.A. and Josh Donaldson.:thumbsup:
We have Shapiro that built the ever losing Cleveland Indians🤦‍♂️
The things you say are true. But, Atlanta has been a solid team for decades. There aren’t many years we aren’t making a run in the playoffs. But, as with almost any team, you try to find the magic component to pull off a World Series. With the exception of the Jays. It seems they got bought by the chick from “Major League” but only the first half of the movie gets played.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Toronto is playing in Atlanta against the Braves. r3gulator3 r3gulator3 I am not sure if you are able to see the games when you are on the road. The Braves won yesterday.
I like these games between the National league and The American league when the National league is the home team. We get to see pitchers at bat. We don't get that in the American league games.
Game 2 is starting now.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Buck Martinez the announcer for the Jays says the Braves has the best stadium in the biz. I respect his opinion.

Back in '86 Toronto built the dome and it was top of the line back then. People now say it is out of date.

I wonder if the trend has shifted from domes to open air fields.
Thoughts?

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Toronto is playing in Atlanta against the Braves. r3gulator3 r3gulator3 I am not sure if you are able to see the games when you are on the road. The Braves won yesterday.
I like these games between the National league and The American league when the National league is the home team. We get to see pitchers at bat. We don't get that in the American league games.
Game 2 is starting now.
I use this app, it works about 85% of the time. Today not having so much luck but I hear the Braves are up by 2 right now.

I do enjoy seeing pitchers at bat. Not many of them have a good on base percentage. 🤣🤣 I just love baseball though.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Buck Martinez the announcer for the Jays says the Braves has the best stadium in the biz. I respect his opinion.

Back in '86 Toronto built the dome and it was top of the line back then. People now say it is out of date.

I wonder if the trend has shifted from domes to open air fields.
Thoughts?
I think people appreciate an open field more than a dome. Domes are good for change over sports that cross into winter like football where you want to keep the snow off the field.