Audio Tapes

debrajean

Does anyone listen to books on audio as their traveling? I hear these are pretty excellent.

jnjsarauer

I listen to tons of these. I have a friend who travels for her job and she buys a lot of mystery/suspense ones and lets me borrow them. Time really flies when you get into the middle of one of these.

fiona

I will have to look into that in the future for my future trips. Thanks for posting about this.

books on tape

Does anyone listen to books on audio as their traveling? I hear these are pretty excellent.
yes they are great miles go by very easily listening to books on tape and cuts do on fatigue as well you dont listen to cb garbage as much there a winner in more ways then one language tapes are also good

2lilboots

Tennis shoes are hot
XM radio has a book reading station. I have several books on tape that I had bought 5 years ago when I first went into truck driving. I tried to sell them on ebay, but no one was interested. I don't know how long the tapes last.:headscratch:

Cerberus

In God We Trust
i see them at the pilot but have never tried them. think it would be cool to listen to them if i could find the right one.

BooBooMaker

Audiobooks & XM Radio

Yep! I've even added them to my pre-trip. Wouldn't leave home without them. The radio has appeal on so many points. But if U've ever liked books, even if U don't read well [me] or like to, U'll probably be hooked. If U wan't to make sure they're a good $ value keep them a while. Give them another listen. It's like seeing a movie a second time. Check the truckstop markdown selections, discount bookstores, even online. If U are comfortable with it get on the CB. Some drivers will trade U. Some will give them to U to get them out of the truck. U won't miss the money U spend on them as much as U'll miss them. And the good ones help to "keep the left door shut". Hope this helps. Happy New Year!

2lilboots

Tennis shoes are hot
I have several books on tape that I listened to years ago. The miles fly by when you have a 6 to 8 hour book set.

2lilboots

Tennis shoes are hot
I have several Clive Cussler books....I need to figure out what type of radio or tape, cd player to get as my truck does not have a radio in it.

I have several Clive Cussler books...

A am a big fan of Clive's early books, but the new stuff hasn't impressed me much. I just listened to his latest release "The Chase" with a new protagonist, Isaac Bell as a 19th century detective. I traded it off without finishing it.

TJGoSurf

I have several Clive Cussler books....I need to figure out what type of radio or tape, cd player to get as my truck does not have a radio in it.
No radio at all? or you need like a boombox? Whatever kind you get, make sure the CD player plays mp3's. It makes a big difference, having 250 songs on a cd or 20 songs on a single cd.