Astros Cheating Scandal

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
First they said they just stole signs and would signal batters once they figured them out.

I didn’t think much of it. Sounded like whining to me.

Now they’re saying they used electronic buzzers, and there’s a pretty big call to have their title stripped and their rings taken away.

Cheating will always happen in sports. Very few athletes are the positive role models they’re often portrayed to be.

But using buzzers?

Nah. Take their stuff.

How can you tell yourself you won a World Series when you scammed the system THAT bad?

Keendriver

Hates all of you
How are these signals not changed up on a regular basis?

Game
Inning
Batter

Whatever is determined necessary?

Since we're on cheating I still think the biggest douche move was Braun a few years back. Cheating was bad enough, but the way he lied and tried to ruin that tester dude's name and rep was just ****ed.

Hey MLB, get over it with the 'roid rules......chicks dig homers!

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
How are these signals not changed up on a regular basis?

Game
Inning
Batter

Whatever is determined necessary?

Since we're on cheating I still think the biggest douche move was Braun a few years back. Cheating was bad enough, but the way he lied and tried to ruin that tester dude's name and rep was just ****ed.

Hey MLB, get over it with the 'roid rules......chicks dig homers!
Was that the same year he won MVP and got caught juicing?

Hanover Fist

Strip the titles...then put Pete Rose in the HOF where he belongs.
He did nothing to upset the balance of the game (never bet on his own team or a team they were playing) unless these pieces of $hit.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Ok, I call bull ****. First off. If someone invested hours in game footage to know your signs and you as a team manger don’t change them frequently...then STFU. Who cares how that info was relayed to the batter wether it was a team mate, coach or manager yelling, banging on the trash can, whatever, the guy still has to use his talent to connect with the ball and send it for a base or a homer. I think this is just a bunch of whiny new age bullshit like deflategate and I don’t like the patriots or the Astros.

pro football, have 2 way radios in helmets. I don’t see the BFD

quillcom

I don’t see the BFD
I almost shared your sentiments.

But when I heard the detailed reports I've since sided with the league.

Not a huge baseball fan and never was.

But it appears that signal stealing and the likes in the MLB is nothing new.

But I guess there was like an unwritten rule on just how far one should take that.

And it appears that using electrical means to get that advrantage was one of them.

Especially since few other teams were privy to it; Is my guess anyway

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
The league said they found no evidence of electronic devices. Like I said, how would they prove that, except the video I posted.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Change up your signs! I know they do change up the sign if they think the other team has figured it out but it is usually a man on base that sees the signs.
It's baseball there is no crying in baseball!
Maybe they will just get an asterisks beside their name.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Change up your signs! I know they do change up the sign if they think the other team has figured it out but it is usually a man on base that sees the signs.
It's baseball there is no crying in baseball!
Maybe they will just get an asterisks beside their name.
1579299081028.png

quillcom

The league said they found no evidence of electronic devices.
"told The Athletic that the Astros used a video camera in center field to steal opposing teams' signs. MLB's investigation confirmed that the Astros illegally used a camera system to steal signs during the 2017 regular season and postseason, during which they won the World Series, as well as in part of the 2018 season. "

"Sign stealing is not inherently against the baseball rules as long as electronic means are not used. Indeed, it has long been considered part of the game, and many players and coaches are considered masters at stealing signs. "

So it seems

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Buuuut...it says “as long as electronic devices are not used.”

is a camera in CF an electronic device?

AND...a covert buzzer is certainly bullshit because it gives advance warning...

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
So there is a legit rule, in a book, that says you can’t record with a camera or other electronic device, someone making signs for pitches, and observe them and then use that data in the game? No because then using game footage to study your opponent would be against the rules...this is a total witch hunt.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
So there is a legit rule, in a book, that says you can’t record with a camera or other electronic device, someone making signs for pitches, and observe them and then use that data in the game? No because then using game footage to study your opponent would be against the rules...this is a total witch hunt.
Im not so sure it’s a witch hunt.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
1579321333461.gif