Anyone like Dodge Trucks ?

RamblingPete

This is really cool . My brother just bought a BRAND NEW 1997 Dodge pickup . Yes technically this truck is still brand new since he is the first registered, and only registered owner . Here's the story

GAnthony

Supporter
i dunno, there should be dry rot on the rubber, like the tires, wipers, bushings, the valve seals can also be cracked, the axle seals could have shriveled up and could be leaking, moisture can be in the rear end, the coolant may (or should be) flushed, the dash on those dodges are already thin plastic, and crack very easily, and so on and so forth.

like buying a car owned by a little old lady, that only drove it to church on sundays, looks good on the surface, but it's what lurks under, can be scary.

good luck

RamblingPete

Nah ... the full story , short version , is , truck got damaged while being delivered to dealer . Dealer used the truck as a yard truck . It was used from time to time , has about 21000 miles on it . DMV verified the truck was never registered . I have heard stories like this and have witnessed a 79 Trans Am bought in 90s under similar circumstances with 500 miles ... but the car was registered so by all account it was still a two owner vehicle . My brothers truck is by all paper , a one owner vehicle and he's the first owner ... 21 years later . It's just one of those cool stories that car guys really get a kick out of .

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
That is a pretty cool story to be the original owner of 1997 truck bought in 2018:thumbsup:

Agent_Z

My 1999 1500 5.9L caught fire :crash: in my driveway one night back in ... 2007?

That was after the 46RE tranny threw gears, the dash board caved in, and numerous other engine troubles occured.

I heard a horn honking sometime around midnight, and thinking someone was outside, I walked out my back door just to witness the cab of my truck engulfed in flames. The fire started under the hood, somehow broke through the firewall, and destroyed everything. The fire marshal never figured out exactly what caused it.

I love Dodge... Apparently the fire messed with the electronics and the last sound the truck made was the horn slowly dying.
It was epic. I bought a 2000 Sport with the insurance money. --- The 2000 didn't burn.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
It's just one of those cool stories that car guys really get a kick out of .
Ever hear those stories about the guys who buy a brand new corvette, then get shipped off and killed in Vietnam and like 40 years later when his parents die, someone finds it perfectly preserved in a garage under a cover, on jack stands with the battery and fluids drained?

Urban legends probably. But it's entirely possible it could've happened.

Just a few years ago some old man died and they found like 150 NEW cars from the 60's on a farm because he owned a dealership and kept all his inventory when he sold it. Most were outdoors all that time and were basically just parts donors for restorers but a handful of them were in a barn and were restorable. True story, I know a guy who went to the auction.

dchawk81

Ever hear those stories about the guys who buy a brand new corvette, then get shipped off and killed in Vietnam and like 40 years later when his parents die, someone finds it perfectly preserved in a garage under a cover, on jack stands with the battery and fluids drained?
That was a country song.

GAnthony

Supporter

Urban legends probably. But it's entirely possible it could've happened.

Just a few years ago some old man died and they found like 150 NEW cars from the 60's on a farm because he owned a dealership and kept all his inventory when he sold it. Most were outdoors all that time and were basically just parts donors for restorers but a handful of them were in a barn and were restorable. True story, I know a guy who went to the auction.
Duck Duck D dchawk81 RamblingPete RamblingPete Rigjockey Rigjockey ironpony ironpony Mike Mike

In Nebraska, a Field of Low-Mileage Dreams