Anyone heard of this company

trktodd

I don't think you're blowing smoke at all so don't get me wrong. I'm really looking for a good company the pays well

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
No thanks.....nd that's exactly why I don't know what all that means....
1099 makes you self employed, so you have to pay all your own taxes and all the other government expenses at the end of the year. Chicago has what we call the “track suit mafia” basically it’s folks from former Soviet countries who drive white Volvo’s wear track suits or sweats, usually 80s style gold chains and socks with flip flops. They can usually speak English but with a super thick accent until you **** them off. At that point if you ain’t fluent in Russian or Farsi good luck.

A lot of them pull cans around the greater Chicago area in white Volvo’s that are either taped together or blinged out with Volvo vynils and peel and stick chrome.

These folks are not to be confused with the window tassel crowd. Just ask Ranger_375 Ranger_375 i am sure there is a big difference.

Anyway the reputation of a lot of those companies mentioned before is basically making folks endentured servants promising big things but delivering on nothing.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Ever think of doing Flatbed work?
“Oh no! Flatbed? You mean those heavy tarps and chains?”

Yes, flatbed. Where you get to have some pride in your ride, doing a job well never was too much work. The whole world gets to see your securement or your tarp job going down the highway.

CB comes alive “nice tarp job westbound” you smiling from ear to ear

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
What your thought on swift. Or jb hunt. I'm also new to driving
I'm an independent. I got my own authority 6 years ago and haven't looked back. Largest company I every drove for was EW Wylie out of Fargo ND and that was back in 1990 when I first started driving. Otherwise, I was driving for local guys who had 1-6 trucks.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Pays well?

Go to a tech school and take a welding AAS program and support it with a business management AS degree.

Then go apprentice for 3-5 years and build up a clientele.

You'll be home more and in higher demand of better pay.

Big john79

Pays well?

Go to a tech school and take a welding AAS program and support it with a business management AS degree.

Then go apprentice for 3-5 years and build up a clientele.

You'll be home more and in higher demand of better pay.
Cant weld I lost some fingers on my right hand a couple years ago but thanks for the thought

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
only means accepting somebody else's "no"

I've seen guys weld with prosthetic devices. I've also seen guys drive with prosthetic arms.,

You ready to jump through the hoops for a skills performance evaluation is you are missing part of your limb? Because having shared that tidbit, that's a 4-6 month hassle right there you need to attend too. BEFORE you can even get a medical card.

Big john79

only means accepting somebody else's "no"

I've seen guys weld with prosthetic devices. I've also seen guys drive with prosthetic arms.,

You ready to jump through the hoops for a skills performance evaluation is you are missing part of your limb? Because having shared that tidbit, that's a 4-6 month hassle right there you need to attend too. BEFORE you can even get a medical card.

I never new that. I guess it's a must then ? No one has ever asked me for it

Ranger_375

1099 makes you self employed, so you have to pay all your own taxes and all the other government expenses at the end of the year. Chicago has what we call the “track suit mafia” basically it’s folks from former Soviet countries who drive white Volvo’s wear track suits or sweats, usually 80s style gold chains and socks with flip flops. They can usually speak English but with a super thick accent until you **** them off. At that point if you ain’t fluent in Russian or Farsi good luck.

A lot of them pull cans around the greater Chicago area in white Volvo’s that are either taped together or blinged out with Volvo vynils and peel and stick chrome.

These folks are not to be confused with the window tassel crowd. Just ask Ranger_375 Ranger_375 i am sure there is a big difference.

Anyway the reputation of a lot of those companies mentioned before is basically making folks endentured servants promising big things but delivering on nothing.
Why you have problem width Volllvo. Volllvo stronk truck, make many delivery.

ColoradoPisces

Thank you for clarifying thone kind of companies. I did know what 1099 meant already tho...lol.