Owner Operator Anybody pulling Amazon trailers?

49players

Thinking about leasing on to pull Amazon Prime trailers. Sounds pretty good but I haven't got to talk to any drivers yet. Mostly all owner ops I have seen with a handful of JB Hunt trucks. I live close to their terminal and would be running dedicated they said just terminal to terminal drop and hook. No live load or unload. Any input is appreciated.

Mike

Staff member
I am set up with Amazon prime. I access the Load Board daily, and their rates suck. Haven’t pulled an Amazon load yet, in my trailer or theirs.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
I don't know their rates but some guys like the consistency. My understanding is you can basically get a steady loop and do it over and over.

Like the rail, very few have a nice truck if that's your goal.

Ranger_375

I am set up with Amazon prime. I access the Load Board daily, and their rates suck. Haven’t pulled an Amazon load yet, in my trailer or theirs.

If you end up pulling one, expect for a 4hr load time/unload time, disconnection and 10ft spacing from your trailer if you don't have to flat out park elsewhere circa Walmart, and long wait times for paperwork in a cage without seating/facilities. Just for starters...

tommyh

I have done some Amazon before,but not many
they have their own load board and the rates suck as Mike said above.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
If you end up pulling one, expect for a 4hr load time/unload time, disconnection and 10ft spacing from your trailer if you don't have to flat out park elsewhere circa Walmart, and long wait times for paperwork in a cage without seating/facilities. Just for starters...
That's not how their dedicated pulling their trailers stuff works. It's all drop and hook.

We're the same way and they started having the gatehouse give us the papers. At least that's how Hazleton PA is.

49players

It's all drop and hook within a 500ish mile radius of St Louis and it's $1.50-$1.60 a mile for all miles driven. They cover cargo insurance.