Truckers Health Any snorers in here?

Mike

Staff member
I have had a bit of a snoring issue for a while now. I think it is possibly Apnea related since gaining just a tad too much weight.... Sleep quality has sucked for a while.

enter this....

I seen it at the Joplin 44 petro. Almost bought it, then put it back down and headed out to Phoenix. As luck would have it, I came right back through there on my way to from Phoenix to Indy. Picked on up.

Set it up in the truck last night. I had it raised up all the way, and like I never do, accidentally fell asleep like that. Woke up early this morning, well rested, but back was hurting a bit from sleeping with that extreme incline. Still had a couple hours before I needed to get up, so I deflated it a ways, fell right back asleep. Best sleep I have had in the truck in quite some time.

So far, seems like it is well worth the money.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Cardiologist sent me downstairs to do a sleep study.

Not even for the dot physical.

Came back I was mild sleep apnea.

For cardiac reason, he insisted I get a CPAP.

That's been a year now.

I can get a solid 8-10 hours sleep now

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I have had a bit of a snoring issue for a while now. I think it is possibly Apnea related since gaining just a tad too much weight.... Sleep quality has sucked for a while.

enter this....

I seen it at the Joplin 44 petro. Almost bought it, then put it back down and headed out to Phoenix. As luck would have it, I came right back through there on my way to from Phoenix to Indy. Picked on up.

Set it up in the truck last night. I had it raised up all the way, and like I never do, accidentally fell asleep like that. Woke up early this morning, well rested, but back was hurting a bit from sleeping with that extreme incline. Still had a couple hours before I needed to get up, so I deflated it a ways, fell right back asleep. Best sleep I have had in the truck in quite some time.

So far, seems like it is well worth the money.
Nice! 👍 That sound like a great mattress to have in the truck.

As far as if I snore? My answer to every doctor is, NO!;)

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Wife says I snore the first night I come home off the road and that’s it.

They’re going to have to drag me in kicking and screaming to get a CPAP test. Especially the way Walmart handles it.

I have a friend who used to work here and voluntarily went in for a test. Yes I said “voluntarily”.

It was before Trump was elected.

“Welp it’s the wave of the future, get used to it. Might as well go get it like I did. You’re gonna have to.”

Trump gets elected and rolls back mandatory testing for transportation workers.

But he’s stuck with life on a machine because this place tracks the statistics and will park you in a heartbeat if they’re off a tick or two.

I still laugh about that.

He used to talk about sitting up late watching TV like he always did and wearing the mask so his numbers fell within requirements. 🙄

I doubt he uses it anymore since he quit here and went back to the heavy haul outfit staying out longer for less money after buying a house right near the DC.

Dude hasn’t made a rational decision in years.

I don’t think sleep apnea is the issue.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
How in the actual f#$% do you do this?!

It's like having Brady as yer .25back and going winless........
I dunno. This place does wear on your patience but like I said I haven’t seen a rational decision by this guy in a long time and I don’t think a lack of decent sleep is the issue.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I dunno. This place does wear on your patience but like I said I haven’t seen a rational decision by this guy in a long time and I don’t think a lack of decent sleep is the issue.
Don't discount it... sleep deprivation can be a powerful hallucinogenic agent. He's been starin' at fat chicks in Oklahoma, and seein' Loni Anderson.everywhere accordin' to his admissions in another thread...

:toothpick: