Antenna placement question

Tyleslhfan49

So iv wondered about doing the antenna behind the cab above the sleeper window. I see some with top loaded antennas and some that run Wilson 2000/5000. Does that placement being lower and covered by the cab make that big of a difference on the 2000/5000? Iv talked to some that have it and they say it works perfectly fine but I just haven’t had enough positive feedback to do it to mine

GAnthony

Non-Canadian truck driver
Supporter
So iv wondered about doing the antenna behind the cab above the sleeper window. I see some with top loaded antennas and some that run Wilson 2000/5000. Does that placement being lower and covered by the cab make that big of a difference on the 2000/5000? Iv talked to some that have it and they say it works perfectly fine but I just haven’t had enough positive feedback to do it to mine
when i was running the road, i had my 2000 behind the cab, mounted on the grab rail, that was in use for the air lines.

later, i used a vice gripe pliers mount on the mirror bracket, as it was all metal.

Tyleslhfan49

Yeah I currently run my Wilson 2000 on a mirror bracket just been wanting to put it in the back in the center. Don’t have any problems with where it is now though.