Another Tesla, doing what they do best.

Duck

Bumper sticker slogan goes here
Supporter
Have you ever considered that it might just be the owner's **** poor maintenance that causes them to "spontaneously burst into flames?"
While it's parked, and just sitting there? No. :biglaugh:

dchawk81

Supporter
Have you ever considered that it might just be the owner's **** poor maintenance that causes them to "spontaneously burst into flames?"
What maintenance can one do to an EV to make it not spontaneously burst into flames?

What exactly are all these people neglecting?

krelithous

Supporter
The Chevy Volt is junk.

Tesla’s are not.
and the prius only shines in the city for mpg's. i can't justify the cost for a set of batteries not for freeway driving. not to mention the power co can and prob jack your rates up as well once more and more people start buying these things!!!

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
Depending on ones situation it can be a very good idea. EVs are great for folks who drive less than a 100 miles a day have a garage with a 200 amp service panel and have a level 2 charger at there work place and have access to a fosil fuel vehicle for longer trips. the icing on the cake would be for folks with solar arrays and or customers who get discounts on there electric rates. we get that out here but there's a contract and they want to monitor how much you use

Last edited:

Duck

Supporter
How many morons pay for jumps because they neglect the maintenance of their electrical systems? Semi truck fires?
Will regular cars spontaneously burst into flames if the battery goes dead?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
While it's parked, and just sitting there? No. :biglaugh:
From what I'm reading, most of the fires are attributed to damage from road debris they ran over, or crashes. They also say there's 52,000 gasoline engine fires for every electric vehicle fire every year... no attempt to reduce that to a comparison of car fires per on-road vehicle though.

Will regular cars spontaneously burst into flames if the battery goes dead?
Will an electric car catch fire from a gasoline leak?

Duck

Supporter
From what I'm reading, most of the fires are attributed to damage from road debris they ran over, or crashes. They also say there's 52,000 gasoline engine fires for every electric vehicle fire every year... no attempt to reduce that to a comparison of car fires per on-road vehicle though.
There's probably a million gasoline vehicles for every electric one.

Will an electric car catch fire from a gasoline leak?
If it has a gas tank, it's not an electric vehicle. :bonk:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
There's probably a million gasoline vehicles for every electric one.

If it has a gas tank, it's not an electric vehicle. :bonk:
The numbers of electric vehicle fires has been relatively low, again, mostly attributed to stupid stuff 4-wheelers do. Perhaps you're mistaking over-sensationalism by social media for a serious problem.

dchawk81

Supporter
With a 12 mile round trip commute, I'm a good candidate for an electric car.

Except the purchase price, remembering to plug it in when I'm tired, and things having shorter shelf lives in a trucking company parking lot.

Since it's only 6 miles each way, I can drive almost anything and it doesn't hurt the wallet too much.

Duck

Supporter
With a 12 mile round trip commute, I'm a good candidate for an electric car.

Except the purchase price, remembering to plug it in when I'm tired, and things having shorter shelf lives in a trucking company parking lot.

Since it's only 6 miles each way, I can drive almost anything and it doesn't hurt the wallet too much.
Get a King Midget. 😊