Am I the only one?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
What gps are y’all using that does live traffic and weather?
Rand TND740. You need an active WiFi hotspot connection to download the data.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Rand TND740. You need an active WiFi hotspot connection to download the data.
Oh I see I have a 530 I can turn on WiFi for it but never have. Someone was telling me Garmin diesel does that stuff off of the gps satellites.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Using the Garmin DEZL 580.
And that does it without WiFi hotspoting to your phone? Also can you alter routes with drag and drop on those like old Mapquest?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
And that does it without WiFi hotspoting to your phone? Also can you alter routes with drag and drop on those like old Mapquest?
Yeah... mine constantly complains that it won't receive said data without using the factory supplied power cord. I am using the factory supplied power cord.

POS

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
All i use for gps is google maps (phone app), google earth and a road atlas. Also my memory. For example i can drive between most major cities on the east coast and midwest by memory. I only need 'help' for directions when i get off the highway.

I view truck specific GPS's as a waste of money.

Anyone else share my thoughts?
I have a Rand Mcnally though Like you we go to most the same places so I can get there by memory just by having been there so many times..

Over The Road I often used my Motor Carriers because I could find shorter routes or take 2 lanes to aviod bad spots.

For instance if I was heading to texas most guys run down 57 through illinois which sucks either construction plus almost daily wrecks.

Then 55 to 40 and that gosh awful mess between Memphis and Little Rock...

And thats the GPS way too..

If from Chicago I would go 55 and 255 around St Louis and pick up US 67

Or from Michigan or Ohio 70 to Effingham and stay west to St Louis

Now 67 is now mostly 4 Lanes and 65 mph until about Arkansas line although near Poplar Bluff watch those hills cause cops like to sit in that strecth n pop people

Past Pochahontas Arkansas to Hoxie its 2 lane but no big deal

After 67 splits off into a Full Freeway all the way to Little Rock..

Alot less traffic and a much more peaceful of a drive