Algae?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Local rad shop quoted me $3-450 each tank to clean them. They said they’d cut the end off, scrub it, clean it and weld it back up :stare1:

That’s a lot of mucking funny for cleaning tanks....

Mike

Staff member
Local rad shop quoted me $3-450 each tank to clean them. They said they’d cut the end off, scrub it, clean it and weld it back up :stare1:

That’s a lot of mucking funny for cleaning tanks....
For algae? Have you cleaned it properly with a biocide yet?

If it’s algae, it’s alive and in more than just your tanks. Need to kill it, and it will go away.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter

If it’s algae, it’s alive and in more than just your tanks. Need to kill it, and it will go away.
While I agree with you Mike Mike i also recommend cleaning the majority of the source because the fungi will grow up to the top part of the tank where your algae killer ain’t gonna reach. We fought the hell out of this on a SMC car hauler when I worked at Wick’s trucks. After running 4 treats of KILLS algeacide. We finally removed the tanks and had them cleaned. Ran another round of kills after install and it was finally gone.

Also would like to note. Cat engines are bad about leaking oil into the return when cups start to fail. But if I remember right Ontario Outlaw Ontario Outlaw you have a Cummins which has a different fuel system and cup style.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter

I’ve ran two bottles of the Killem biocide through my tanks so far

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
While I agree with you Mike Mike i also recommend cleaning the majority of the source because the fungi will grow up to the top part of the tank where your algae killer ain’t gonna reach. We fought the hell out of this on a SMC car hauler when I worked at Wick’s trucks. After running 4 treats of KILLS algeacide. We finally removed the tanks and had them cleaned. Ran another round of kills after install and it was finally gone.

Also would like to note. Cat engines are bad about leaking oil into the return when cups start to fail. But if I remember right Ontario Outlaw Ontario Outlaw you have a Cummins which has a different fuel system and cup style.
Yup, ISX

D780E5F1-7AF9-44BE-BA67-18524A2FD027.jpeg
That’s the cleanest I’ve seen that in a long time.

Wrecking yard has a couple tanks at $450 each. I might look at one of them and see how clean they are.

I don’t know :dunno:

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
Yup, ISX

View attachment 51302
That’s the cleanest I’ve seen that in a long time.

Wrecking yard has a couple tanks at $450 each. I might look at one of them and see how clean they are.

I don’t know :dunno:
**** you can probably get aftermarket new for like 200 more. That fuel don’t look too bad man. Maybe keep running your algeacide and it will clean out.