AC/Heat Blower not working

wjhuskey

The AC/Heat blower fan on my 93' Peterbilt 379 EXHD is not working. Could it be a fuse? I think the removable panel for the fuses is behind the clutch area on the firewall. Does anyone know which fuse it would be? I don't have a owner's manual on the truck.

Last edited:

ezrollin

my trucks pigtail for the blower was melted but that truck was notorious for that

wjhuskey

I replaced the fuse for the Def fan slot but it didn't help. Then one at a time, I replaced every fuse in the panel in case it was a fuse that I didn't understand what the label said. I tried the blower with the key in the on position and nothing helped. I put back in the old fuses since the new ones didn't help. A lot of the labels was either hard to read or I didn't understand what they represented. But I tried the Def Fan first and nothing worked.

Tim

U.S.Constitution
Supporter
I replaced the fuse for the Def fan slot but it didn't help. Then one at a time, I replaced every fuse in the panel in case it was a fuse that I didn't understand what the label said. I tried the blower with the key in the on position and nothing helped. I put back in the old fuses since the new ones didn't help. A lot of the labels was either hard to read or I didn't understand what they represented. But I tried the Def Fan first and nothing worked.
I cant remember what year Pete changed a lot of the waring but you might want check in behind the speedo/tach panel for a cluster of relays. My 07 Pete has a 70amp relay behind that panel for the cab blower, like wise in the bunk there is also a 70amp relay for the bunk blower.
Also check the fan switch itself.
The switch has a chock on the lower blower setting, the HI setting is a full 12 votes to the blower. When a switch burns out its the chock that fails and the switch either quits all together or defaults to the HI setting only.