A/C install for tripac APU

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Thread starter #1
Finally had the total freon loss I've been looking for on my apu air conditioner.

Ordered all new line fittings from thermo by product out of Oregon.

Prices are half what thermoking wanted.

The actual install will be the week of June 12.

Includes compressor, drier, expansion valve and new lines.

It will basically be a remove and reinstall job here. Over 20 hours labor I was told by thermoking. Almost $2000 labor savings.

Hose is $6/ foot.

Thermo By Products Transport Refrigeration Parts

Mike

Staff member
Doing the work yourself?

Yes.

I want it done right.

Do you have the numbers to replace the sensors for the attic kit?....
And on another note do you think it's possible to wire s switch up at the control panel to bypass the attic kit and simulate that the coolant is cold and start the APU manually???

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Thread starter #7
do you think it's possible to wire s switch up at the control panel to bypass the attic kit and simulate that the coolant is cold and start the APU manually???

Totally. Just have to go into the control box and run a pair of wires into the coolant sensor loop with a switch I've been wanting to do it for six years. So you can see how important doing it is.

Do you know the sensor numbers I need to replace them

Blue or white wires?
Sorry both of possible my APU was starting as soon as I shut off the truck so if I remember I read to cut one blue wire and one white I believe these are original from 2009 so if I am going to drain my coolant I would replace both and also make some changes at my firewall with the heater hoses with electric shutoffs?