38 degree air

tommyh

Formerly 'oldhippietommy'
I finally got my ac fixed.It had been on the blink lately.Leaking schrader valve.Now it is blowing out 38 degree air,just where I love it

dave350

Nice but beware of pneumonia. :eek:
:D

tommyh

I love it,my wife quit riding with me because she feels like she is fiding in a freezer,excuse me,I have to scrape the frost off my windshield

Skateboard puller

You'd hardly need to put beer in you fridge. And would make them easier to reach while driving :D

tommyh

omg, I better cut it up a few notches

Mike

Staff member
Broken A/C is just as bad as a blown engine as far as I am concerned. I can ride with it broken all day, but it needs to be parked at the end of that day and repaired, or at least by the next day. Living in a truck with no A/C is just miserable.

dchawk81

Broken A/C is just as bad as a blown engine as far as I am concerned. I can ride with it broken all day, but it needs to be parked at the end of that day and repaired, or at least by the next day. Living in a truck with no A/C is just miserable.
It's not so bad in the winter.

Why DO windows fog up? If everything is working properly

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Yes it is. No A/C operation means your windows are going to fog up.
How so?

The defroster works just fine in vehicles that don't even have AC.

tommyh

I have noticed that when my defroster is on my ac compressor cuts on and tuns a while

It runs air through you air drier, drier air has less moisture in it. Your AC compressor cycles to let that happen on "defrost"

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Just dumping heat on the glass is enough.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Why DO windows fog up? If everything is working properly
Because you’re talking too much, all that hot steamy air sticks to the windows, try putting a sponge on your c.b. Mic so it can absorb the moisture while you’re ratchet jawing looking for that high speed chicken feed c’mon!