• Tall rubber or no rubber!

• 24.5” just looks better

• Who cares

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I need new summer drives soon.

I can’t find my summer tires rolling resistance. My winter tires have about 100 rolling resistances. Whatever that means.

But Michelin’s site doesn’t ask for a tire size so I don’t know if an 11R24.5” has more rolling resistance than the same tread but an 11R22.5” :dunno:

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
The advantage short rubber gives you is less wind under the truck creating drag.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
The advantage short rubber gives you is less wind under the truck creating drag.
:confused-96:

You’re talking an inch, if you’re comparing 11R22.5” to 11R24.5”....

I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m skeptical that’s gonna make a difference...

Mike

Staff member
22.5 has less rolling resistance. I think it comes from the shorter sidewalls mostly.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
:confused-96:

You’re talking an inch, if you’re comparing 11R22.5” to 11R24.5”....

I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m skeptical that’s gonna make a difference...
No I’m comparing short rubber 265/75R22.5 to tall rubber 11R24.5. Your talking closer to 2.5”-3”

Gdjjr

Changing wheel/tire diameter will change rpm/mph- typically a taller tire will improve hi way fuel mileage but reduce start and stop mileage and a shorter tire is the converse of that. Speedometer reading will be different from one to the other faster for short slower for tall- but, the above/previous depends on the rear end ratio- if truck came with gearing for a short tire, changing to a taller tire will lower rpm at hi way speed and vice versa for tall to short- 24.5's are cooler :cool: so there is that

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Changing wheel/tire diameter will change rpm/mph- typically a taller tire will improve hi way fuel mileage but reduce start and stop mileage and a shorter tire is the converse of that. Speedometer reading will be different from one to the other faster for short slower for tall- but, the above/previous depends on the rear end ratio- if truck came with gearing for a short tire, changing to a taller tire will lower rpm at hi way speed and vice versa for tall to short- 24.5's are cooler :cool: so there is that
Looking cool on yer stool IS important :biggrin-2:

My truck has long legs. I think she turns 2000 rpm at 95 mph :D

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Higher rpm = bad fuel mileage- 2000 is pretty high for a large car - LOL
Higher rpm = bad fuel mileage- 2000 is pretty high for a large car - LOL
True. A real double over tranny would be the cats pajamas.
But the days of “get it there as fast as you can and forget the logbook” are drawing to an end, I think.

I used to hate that. It’d be Thursday morning and they want you in Iowa or South Dakota by Friday morning. I remember the first time I looked at dispatch and said you do know that’s 1100 miles away, right?

“Well just do your best” he said

1100 miles? In 24 hours? :coocoo: