2015 VNL670 Radio Issues?

Thread starter #1
Hello Guys and Gals
I am driving a 2015 670 and my radio works great BUT the rear speakers DON'T
I cannot find any settings for Rear Speakers, I have Volumen/Balance/Bass/Middle/Treble/EQ,etc,etc,etc but no Fade or Rear
Are this radio built,configure,wired for just two speakers? that sucks Volvo!!!
I can control the radio from the bunk but again only front speakers work.
It is like the rear speakers were never connected to the radio but NO settings on the Menu for Fade/Rear makes me think so,they were never intended to work on all four speakers. If that is the case why even bother with installing all four speakers if only front works?
Buh, I am tired of looking around.
Thanks in advance guys.

GAnthony

Supporter
i find that strange. nearly all radios have the f/r rear setting...maybe it's the radio itself, that must have been for maybe a day cab..????

can you get hold of a factory manual.???

Rigjockey

In Gord We Trust!
Supporter
Are you sure that you have rear speakers? I had a truck that had the speaker covers in the bunk but there were no speakers inside. It is just the way the truck was ordered.
Take a look up inside the speaker covers.

Hello Guys and Gals
I am driving a 2015 670 and my radio works great BUT the rear speakers DON'T
I cannot find any settings for Rear Speakers, I have Volumen/Balance/Bass/Middle/Treble/EQ,etc,etc,etc but no Fade or Rear
Are this radio built,configure,wired for just two speakers? that sucks Volvo!!!
I can control the radio from the bunk but again only front speakers work.
It is like the rear speakers were never connected to the radio but NO settings on the Menu for Fade/Rear makes me think so,they were never intended to work on all four speakers. If that is the case why even bother with installing all four speakers if only front works?
Buh, I am tired of looking around.
Thanks in advance guys.
So here is your answer. U got same radio that i got and i have 780.. Front 4 speakers work fine but rear not.. Look on upper passenger cabinet. U should have harness in there for amplifier, if there is no harness me and u will be searching for answers for rest of the life of the truck.. i been driving mine since 2016 and still looking how to connect rear speakers..

Ranger_375

Hold your volume knob in for like 10 sec, then release. Bet you find an option in there. Chances are it was a team truck and got set to 2 channel to keep the chances of waking up the 2nd driver due to cranked tunes, down.

Following that, Go in the dash and make sure all the connectors are plugged into the radio. 780's should have an amp and harness in the comparment above the passenger. Beyond that, I have nothing. Once I fix all the running issues I'll be working on upgrading the stereo, specifically speakers/amps.

Hold your volume knob in for like 10 sec, then release. Bet you find an option in there. Chances are it was a team truck and got set to 2 channel to keep the chances of waking up the 2nd driver due to cranked tunes, down.

Following that, Go in the dash and make sure all the connectors are plugged into the radio. 780's should have an amp and harness in the comparment above the passenger. Beyond that, I have nothing. Once I fix all the running issues I'll be working on upgrading the stereo, specifically speakers/amps.
I'm running an Alpine radio with six Focal speakers. I'd love a small subwoofer, nothing crazy.

Ranger_375

I can't imagine for the life of me why someone would need to have 12 inch Cerwin Vegas's to blast their trucker music like this,
Dude, I listen to everything except modern country.

It all deserves to be cranked. If you don't have a good full spectrum sound system you can't appreciate nor respect the artistic work of a good bassist in a band. I've also noticed that if I flip around through my auditory smorgasboard and hit the right kind of music, I get loaded faster... either because the fork driver's rocking out, or they want to get rid of me faster. Either way, I get loaded faster so mission accomplished.

I actually plan on building in some marine speakers on my next headache rack so I can rock out while throwing straps.

When I got cardioverted for A-fib, I queued up that last one for the med staff before they sedated me for the lightning ride...

Last edited: