14.0 Detroit mpg

Mike

Staff member
And does it show what the load weights, weather, routes, locations etc? Because without that information, its not very accurate.

I'm not keen on comparing mileage from a skateboard to an icebox or tanker. Nor does it make any difference to me if he's hauling fur other for like ashley compared to cheese for Kraft.
Weight, speed, and a place for additional comments regarding weather and anything else you want to add. Some people are very informative with their information. The weight and speed are input fields. Also got fuel costs, and fuel location input fields.

Mike

Staff member
And does it show what the load weights, weather, routes, locations etc? Because without that information, its not very accurate.

I'm not keen on comparing mileage from a skateboard to an icebox or tanker. Nor does it make any difference to me if he's hauling fur other for like ashley compared to cheese for Kraft.

(If you don't have an account, you don't get access)

My empty miles are mainly under 5%. I also run mainly loads over 40,000 lbs.
Couple screenshots from my account that I havent updated since August when I decided I was done with the t680.

fuelgauges.png fuelgauges.png fuelgauges.png fuelgauges1.png fuelgauges2.png fuelgauges3.png fuelgauges4.png

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
yes, I did go and check the website out. Really don't let you see ANYTHING without creating an account.....plus it wants me to install chrome or firefox. Neither of which I want on my computer.

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
The oil bypass, may have been worth it on an older engine. Not sure so much any more.
Your engine is equipped with bypass filtration from the factory, and capable of going 50K or so between oil changes, though if it is a lease purchase, Schneider still demands 30K for some stupid reason.
Yeah...
NOW they're equipped with bypass filtration.
But only because they couldn't keep the soot anywhere near acceptable after the EPA B/S starting coming out.
Bypass filtration has been around since the 30's and is responsible for trillions of miles over and above what anyone could expect from the older engines.

Not breaking anyones balls here, the topic just caught my attention.

One of the few KR shows I caught several years ago was him pimping whatever bypass system he was making commission on.
Somebody called and asked about the Spinner II and he said he wasn't sure, "but I think it removes particles larger than 50 microns."
BULLCRAP!!! And he KNOWS IT!!
Translation ~ I don't get paid if you buy a Spinner.

50 microns!
KMA!!
The spinner II slings particles down to .5, that's POINT FIVE!!
As in half a micron!
And it's the best bypass system ever known to man.

But there is nothing else to buy for LIFE so it isn't a revenue stream.
Actually the new ones have a disposable cartridge now but you can still buy the old ones for a couple of hundred dollars used.
I have a couple that are 20+ years old and they still work like the day they were made. One of them was even purchased used.

Those FOKR's **** me off!!
:rant:

Mike

Staff member
Those FOKR's **** me off!!
and one of the reasons we fail to be able to talk about much of anything here related to fuel economy or new technology is that it quickly turns into an off-topic bashing of this guy. Would really like to keep the topics on products and technology, rather than the bashing of a person.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Of all the products for a by-pass filter, I'm interested in a spinner II.

But that's a topic for an entirely separate thread.

I've had so many issues with this truck, depending on the scope of the project and the cost, it gets addressed.

I could have gone out and dug into the dash to find my 440G and 440Z circuit plugs for my fan control, but I did stuff on my computer making load decisions for the next year.

The rates suck, but the work is consistent....

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
and one of the reasons we fail to be able to talk about much of anything here related to fuel economy or new technology is that it quickly turns into an off-topic bashing of this guy. Would really like to keep the topics on products and technology, rather than the bashing of a person.
It's all relevant and factual information regarding filtration and the efficiency of one superior system.
In the future I will attempt to be more tactful when describing how a product is intentionally misrepresented and more respectful of the ...ah, the...
I'll just pretend it isn't personal.
:)

Mike

Staff member
It's all relevant and factual information regarding filtration and the efficiency of one superior system.
In the future I will attempt to be more tactful when describing how a product is intentionally misrepresented and more respectful of the ...ah, the...
I'll just pretend it isn't personal.
:)
Thank you :)

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
The little prink doesn't make any sense does he?
How can they make a saw movie?
If you saw it it's already been made, OBVIOUSLY!
If you haven't seen it it ain't saw.
It can't be made if it's already saw...
Stupid kid.

Ernst

Mike; how is the new truck, I believe you have your first month under the belt. How is she holding up?

Ernst