George345

Hey guys so my father has a 2001 freightliner century detroit 60 with the 10 speed. His truck has no egr system at all. We are in the state of california and you know how its getting hard with emissions on trucks.Any reviews on dpf on trucks such as his or testimonies would be appreciated. He has over 1,000,000 miles on the truck but has always been up to date on maintenance and truck runs really strong despite the high mileage as well does not consume oil. Have you guys installed dpf filters on your trucks. i hear the trucks with egr have lots of issues with the dpf.

thanks in advance guys.

DYLAN_131

I would do some research. Adding a DPF system to a truck would be incredibly labor intensive to the point where buying a new truck with DPF already on the truck. Good luck!

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Hey guys so my father has a 2001 freightliner century detroit 60 with the 10 speed. His truck has no egr system at all. We are in the state of california and you know how its getting hard with emissions on trucks.Any reviews on dpf on trucks such as his or testimonies would be appreciated. He has over 1,000,000 miles on the truck but has always been up to date on maintenance and truck runs really strong despite the high mileage as well does not consume oil. Have you guys installed dpf filters on your trucks. i hear the trucks with egr have lots of issues with the dpf.

thanks in advance guys.
That would be a big modification for your S60. New ecm, Doser valve. Doc, DPF, complete exhaust replacement to stainless, sensors for everything and programming oh and wiring harnesses. It won’t be cheap and it will likely be buggy at first. I would recommend going with an epa 07 or epa 10 truck if you can’t purchase something new. I know the port is modifying rules so you can’t have trucks that old there.

Skateboard puller

Hozer Witta Hood
That would be a big modification for your S60. New ecm, Doser valve. Doc, DPF, complete exhaust replacement to stainless, sensors for everything and programming oh and wiring harnesses. It won’t be cheap and it will likely be buggy at first. I would recommend going with an epa 07 or epa 10 truck if you can’t purchase something new. I know the port is modifying rules so you can’t have trucks that old there.
I would not want to even start down that rabbit hole. Emissions trucks suck. I haven’t been around new trucks so maybe the newer trucks, like you’re in, have some of the bugs ironed out.