Why We Have Medical Exams and Why We Shouldn't Cheat Them

Mike

Staff member
It's genetic and out of his control aside from one of the various, well-established meds. His dad died at the age of 35 from a massive heart attack.

There are some cases in which established medicine with the science to back it up is the best choice over snake oil salesmen with tincture of rabbit ass and skunk butt tea.
For what it's worth, my high blood pressure was genetic as well. Lifetime medication was supposed to be my only option.

It's very possible that it could come down to diet, possible food allergy, or a deficiency that can be addressed through diet.

Nothing to do with snake oil. ;)

InTooDeep

I had an elevated BP turned out to be food allergy. My Dad also had high BP too bad they never thought to figure out that it could of been food related

Mike

Staff member
I had an elevated BP turned out to be food allergy. My Dad also had high BP too bad they never thought to figure out that it could of been food related
Lots of problems related to food allergies. Some foods simply don't agree with all people, and in terms for of being hereditary, it's often the food allergy that is hereditary, not the symptom.

Testing is the easiest and fastest way to find this. Also expensive.

Removing one thing at a time works, but can be a slow process.

I honestly believe that just about every problem resorts back to what we put in our body.

InTooDeep

All y'all ever consider ya just might be afflicted with hypertension?
That is what we thought at first considering my Dad's history. After taking BP meds for a couple years my wonderful Dr. did tests and started trying different diets. Found a certain food group to avoid BP dropped I have been off BP meds for alittle over a year boom 180/80 and now I only have to get my DOT medical every 2 years yay

(((ME)))

First let me say I am of the opinion the human body is a piece of beautiful equipment no matter what form it is in or age. Habits are only a state of mind which can be controllable by the mind.....I happen to also think the mind is a powerful tool.

I tend to follow the natural order of living and do not buy into bill of goods that are presented as good for me from the outside world. What I mean here is TV advertisements or radio or even displays at stores.

Common sense thinking, what does it all revolve around....It labeled as money.....and there is a huge difference between need and want.

The Medical field has come along way with new treatments and discoveries....But herb treatment pretty much been put on the back burner....I talking natural grown herbs....I find no reason not to use the best of both the natural or medical.

As with any thing it falls down to need or want....How you apply this to good health is a matter of what your thinking is processing.

Cargo Commando

So, here's the rest of the story..
The student was driving, with over 100 of his required training hours done, trainer in the passenger seat. Both were wearing seat belts. Student was going to have his 80th birthday in May.

Make of it whatever you want to.
80? Is the industry that desperate?

DrDaliah

Supporter
I agree that anything can happen at any time. We don't like to think that way but how many times have we heard "someone fell asleep at the wheel" when it could have been a seizure. Who would know ....

Maybe not Snake "oil" but definitely Snake Venom....

History
Captopril, the first ACE inhibitor, is a functional and structural analog of a peptide derived from the venom of the, jararaca a Brazilian pit viper (Bothrops jararaca).[6] Enalapril is a derivative, designed by scientists at Merck to overcome the rash and bad taste caused by captopril.[7][8]:12–13 Enalapril is actually a prodrug; the active metabolite is enalaprilat.[9]

Ya need meds if ya fall into the "genetic" category (period)

For some people, high blood levels of cholesterol come from a diet that's high in saturated fat and animal products, but for others, high cholesterol is genetic: It runs in the family. In addition to getting cholesterol from dietary sources like meat and dairy, our bodies make cholesterol, too. And some people produce more cholesterol than can be safely handled, causing a buildup of fat and plaque in their arteries.

Same goes for Diabetes and Congestive heart failure.

Genetics.... are everything these days.

Think the children of today will have longer life spans than children of 60 years ago?

Me thinks not.