Who needs logbooks when you have a cellphone

Is this trend, the slavery of our times?
I am an owner operator waiting on my brokers authority. In the meanwhile, I suscribed to this site.
In their own words:

krelithous

Prius hater
Supporter
what if the cellphone acts up or it gets stolen:confused-96:. same thing when some of the qaullcoms started acting up I remember drivers having to keep paper log books!! personaly id'e rather keep a paper log using my own brain vs trusting any computer that could start acting like a mental patient at any time. sure tech is great but it could fail at anytime and you need a backup plan

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
what if the cellphone acts up or it gets stolen:confused-96:. same thing when some of the qaullcoms started acting up I remember drivers having to keep paper log books!! personaly id'e rather keep a paper log using my own brain vs trusting any computer that could start acting like a mental patient at any time. sure tech is great but it could fail at anytime and you need a backup plan
DAMN STRAIGHT, YOU TELL 'EM KREL!

Mike

Staff member
It was cold outside today

Franks and beans, Franks and beans!

And anything you say before you get arrested is still admissible--even though Uncle Sam said you had to say it. I wonder what would happen if i posted that on my trailer door? " I don't need a log book I have a fifth amendment."

ironpony

Supporter
Yep... another one.

OTOH, the Elog Mandate is law, and in 18 months and change, paper logs are only an acceptable substitute when your electronic nanny is on the rag.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Yep... another one.

OTOH, the Elog Mandate is law, and in 18 months and change, paper logs are only an acceptable substitute when your electronic nanny is on the rag.
Simple solution.... Get an e-log device and smash it with a hammer.

"It's not functioning, Heinrich. Um,.. I mean, Officer Himmler"