What is up with the Swift haters?

ironpony

Supporter
Know what topic I never see you slowpokes participate in?

**** bottles.

Anybody who can go 8 hours without needing to stop & take a leak is either peeing in a bottle while driving, or they're not drinking enough liquids.

So, it's PRIME DRIVERS leaving their **** bottles on the fuel islands. :paddle:
Nah... I just pour the stuff in yer fuel tank!

ironpony

Supporter
I don't think any of us hate Swift... well, @Duck hates everything. We poke some fun at Swift... they are after all a large easily hit target. Y'all have a good time inflating the egos of snails at my expense. Its all in good fun.

I'd say if anyone's feelings have been hurt, its more demonstrative of the need to be able to laugh at what happens out here, to laugh at ones self. There's way too many folks wound much too tight in this industry as it is.

Rock on brothers and sisters!

:taunt:

Bored Insane

Are you both on the same schedule? Twin bunks and sleep at the same time?
First 50 hours the trainer must be at the passenger side. After that, it's up to the mentor if he wants to team. Mine wants to team right away, but I said I need to be confident first.

I think I'll drive nights the last two weeks.

Bored Insane

Supposedly, Swift trucks are governed at 62, but I got a speeding warning twice today!
Going 68 on 70 limit (down hill, coasting for 3 seconds).

I did pass few trucks though... :eek:
I wont disclose their names...

Rigjockey

Supporter
First 50 hours the trainer must be at the passenger side. After that, it's up to the mentor if he wants to team. Mine wants to team right away, but I said I need to be confident first.

I think I'll drive nights the last two weeks.
This is a very easy job. No skill and the entry bar is set very low. Why would you not take the wheel? and let the man rest? Do you not like your trainer or what?

Bored Insane

This is a very easy job. No skill and the entry bar is set very low. Why would you not take the wheel? and let the man rest? Do you not like your trainer or what?
Swift rules...

He's really trying hard to help (to get my 200 hrs as fast as I can, but with delivering on time). I'm willing to work hard, but not at the rate of:
sleep = 4.5 hrs
driving = 9.5 hrs
EDIT: rest (what's left) = un/loading, eating, toilet.

Rigjockey

Supporter
Swift rules...

He's really trying hard to help (to get my 200 hrs as fast as I can, but with delivering on time). I'm willing to work hard, but not at the rate of:
sleep = 4.5 hrs
driving = 9.5 hrs
rest (what's left) = loading, sleeping, eating, toilet.
:rolllaugh3: That's cute! welcome to trucking!

Bored Insane

Good idea! So do I. This work is more mental than physical! did you account for that? I bet not.
I don't want to butt heads w/ the trainer, he believes (he's) doing the best thing (for everyone). And I believe in getting done with this training ASAP so I can run on my own.

Let me run on my own, then you can tell me how bad I'm running it. :rolleyes:

Rigjockey

Supporter
I don't want to butt heads w/ the trainer, he believes (he's) doing the best thing (for everyone). And I believe in getting done with this training ASAP so I can run on my own.

Let me run on my own, then you can tell me how bad I'm running it. :rolleyes:
Alright, Fair enough! keep us posted and I don't want to hear no bullshit about, How swift screwed you over. Or how working a 14 hour day is outrageous or you left the industry for a different line of work regardless of the situation.

And I will in turn STFU.