What are the best shower experiences you've had? And Worst?

Discussion in 'Truck Stop Reviews and Discussion' started by Kingsley, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingsley

Kingsley Member

I'm interesting to hear about different stories about general shower experience are different sites

2. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Well I can say the best shower I had was in Indy. The water pressure was awesome. A truck stop can re-tile the place everyday and it don't mean a damned thing if the shower is like pouring a shot glass of water over ones self.
    I noticed some shower rooms have a fan in there. That is a nice touch because, Well it is a small room and the shower creates steam.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Well this place in Georgia I just showered at didn't have anywhere to set down my duffel bag except balanced on the edge of the sink. There wasn't any mysterious green soap and the water pressure sucked.
    But on the plus side it only cost $7.50 as opposed to over $10 that the big chains charge if you don't buy fuel.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rigjockey

Most of the big chains supply a towel and facecloth. I was at one place that did not but, For $7.00 I purchased a kit that included a towel and facecloth and a bar of zest soap. I would prefer to just bring my own soap or purchase a bar at the T.S. and just use the towel provided.
    $7.00 was a fair price for what was included. But It is just more crap I have to haul around.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

Best: Little America, Wyoming. Beautiful, well-maintained, no complaints here at all.

Worst: Swift terminal, Albuquerque, NM. Shower is clean, well maintained and decent water pressure, but there's something wrong with the plumbing that keeps the water temperature only teaser-warm. Plenty of hot water to the sink and men's showers, but us ladies get water that's about five degrees below comfortable.

I'll take a low-pressure dog-peeing-on-your-back shower with hot water before a frustratingly almost-warm-enough one that's otherwise perfect any day.

Old facilities don't bother me. There's a truck stop in Idaho that has bath tubs. Don't have my truck stop book handy, but it's an independent east of Boise. They're always clean.

Raggedy towels don't bother me either, also as long as they're clean and I have enough to dry off. (Shut up, @Duck)

• Like Like x 4
  6. krelithous

krelithous Prius hater Supporter

I think that there's a T.S. in flagstaff to that everyone raves about. the reason was is because it has bathtubs and not just shower stalls

7. Injun

Probably the Little America on the west side of town. Wyoming's nicer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Injun

Truck stops seem to be fond of these types of shower heads:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

Here's a clue:

THEY SUCK!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Worst shower ever, for me was Covenant Transport's terminal in Chattanooga.
    It was like something you'd see in a prison movie. :stare1:

Fortunately I was the only one in there, even though there were like 200 other drivers being held hostage at the yard at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kingsley

Kingsley Member

Thanks for your input guys

• Like Like x 1
  11. rigjockey

Being a Christian company i would have thought they where against those types of things. lol.

12. Blood

Blood Driveler Emeritus Supporter

The best are from a bygone era.
    Bar-B in Des Moines had huge rooms with phones and altogether 5 star accommodations.
    It's a Pilot now. :(
    Don't recall whether they're the ones who had Jacuzzi tubs or not.
    I never used a Jacuzzi in a T/S. Who knows what's lurking in those jets?!! :eek:

The Bobber in Effingham used to toss you a motel room key if you were with a carrier who used them as a primary stop.
    2 hour limit.
    It's a Flying J now. :(

You never needed a coupon or a fuel ticket for a shower if the stop was a regular fuel stop for the company you were with.

Worst had to be under the stairs outside of the civic center in some little town near Gulfport after Katrina...
    The shower actually was pretty good after a couple of days sitting at a POD waiting for FEMA to dole out all the ice on my trailer.
    It wasn't until the next day after I mentioned to somebody how warm the water was that I freaked out.

He said,
    Warm water right from the cold water faucet...
    after more than a week with no power.
    That sound right to you?
    You'll be lucky if you don't end up with hepatitis, malaria, typhoid, aids & gonorrhea!!

I was trippin' there for a day or two.

:eek:

o_O

:stare1:

:throwfit:

:panic:

• Like Like x 1
  13. krelithous

krelithous Prius hater Supporter

i'm sure it's a government regulation:stare1:. the best shower I have ever had is in my own house!!! an endless supply of hot water and I don't use them crap ass aerator shower heads. when I designed my bathroom water conservation was not on my mind:cool:. have you looked at the new washing machines lately ever notice how none of them rinse in hot water:confused-96:. it's a pain in the ass when you run out of hot water after 5 mins of showering :D

14. Kiwi303

Kiwi303 Not a fruit

The best shower experience I have ever had?

Umm... I'm nit sure it's safe to go into detail here without tripping the filters, but suffice to say it involved two girls in the shower with me, lots of soap and bubbles, and things got rather steamy!

• Like Like x 4
  15. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member Supporter

and you want to keep this PG or less right.....

place west of me I will leave unnamed to prevent the destruction of it. Looks pretty trashed from the outside. Decent enough restaurant, good fuel stop. Then you see the door that says, "Driver's only"......

And you step into heaven. It looks and feels like a family room with sofa's, TV's etc.

And then you take a shower. Nice enough, I have sent pictures of them to my wife and said these would be nice in our house we built.

And then there is Shoemaker's in Lincoln NE too. Sapp Bros rank up there too.

The best are the ones that make it feel like home.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fredl

Fredl Well-Known Member

When i did Long Distance we had a few the Road down to Italy who charged fine but only had cold Water.
    Put in that Time always a Container Water on the Passanger Side Floor so i have warm Water in Winter to wash me down,on a quiet Parking, as Granny did

17. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Just two? Amateur.:harumph: No, I won't do details or names.:biglaugh:

• Like Like x 1
  18. rigjockey

You name names now! and also phone numbers. LOL

19. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Nope, the last time I did that it turned out to be somebody's mom in later years. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Injun

Thread's nine months old and still no mention of Bella's Hacienda in Wells, NV. I understand they have great showers, if a little on the pricey side.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.