WalMart Dedicated, How It Works

I'm a swift driver on dedicated Walmart....I start in a week. Currently I make $800.00 a week at current job, but as of today I'm putting in my two weeks notice. Would I make at least what I currently earn and still have weekends off at Walmart dedicated?

Where the information? Listen I haven't been send to the DC yet....so I'm reading reviews and are trying to get more input before I leave current job delivering auto parts all night, using a manual pallet jack with 13 stop. Leaving NAPA at 11:00-11:30pm instead of 8:45-9:00pm dispatch times. Hand unload 60-121 piece into the back of one store at 12:00am with no light in back alley. All the pallets weigh at least 500-1100lbs a piece sometimes two or three pallets per store. Pushing them up ramps, thank God for wheels, not getting off til 9:00am or 10:00am. Forgot to mention too tired to interact with three children

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I'm a swift driver on dedicated Walmart....I start in a week. Currently I make $800.00 a week at current job, but as of today I'm putting in my two weeks notice. Would I make at least what I currently earn and still have weekends off at Walmart dedicated?
Which DC are you looking at? I can tell you how it works at mine. Company guys with a year or more driving with Swift are getting $800/week or so. Some a little more, some a little less.

If by "weekends" you mean have every Saturday and Sunday off, probably not going to happen. You will have regular days off, but understand that there are people who have worked there for a long time already. They'll get dibs on days off. That said, if you put in a request for specific weekends, like you have an event, it is very likely you will get your requested days.

We don't hand-unload anything. That's store employees' responsibility and we'll get chewed out if we're caught helping. We don't go into the trailers at all except to raise the bulkheads in multizone reefers.

I've been on WalMart dedicated for 4 years and still like what I'm doing. I'm not a company driver. I'm a contractor.

Oh okay I'm waiting for driver number and to be sent to McClenny Fl. I'm out of Jacksonville Florida an hour away. Starting out at $.40 cpm because I have some experience. And thanks for the info.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I can easily average 2,800-3,000 miles a week if I stay after it, but I'm out of Grandview, WA. We're a little more spread out here. I think our Florida guys are getting 2,300-2,500 miles/week. Your mileage pay plus extras, you should be able to clear at least what you're doing now, and not have to work so hard for it.

I forget which DC Chad went to when we got the SouthEast DCs. Might have been Alachua..

I can easily average 2,800-3,000 miles a week if I stay after it, but I'm out of Grandview, WA. We're a little more spread out here. I think our Florida guys are getting 2,300-2,500 miles/week. Your mileage pay plus extras, you should be able to clear at least what you're doing now, and not have to work so hard for it.

I forget which DC Chad went to when we got the SouthEast DCs. Might have been Alachua..
I think Alachua is a dry DC ...

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I think Alachua is a dry DC ...
Could be. I don't remember which is which in FLA. I know we have three in FLA and one in ALA that all came under Swift contract at the same time. I delivered to Alachua when I ran for Prime, but I don't remember what I delivered. I assumed it was grocery, since it was Prime. Yeh, I know. Don't say it..
:rolleyes:

Could be. I don't remember which is which in FLA. I know we have three in FLA and one in ALA that all came under Swift contract at the same time. I delivered to Alachua when I ran for Prime, but I don't remember what I delivered. I assumed it was grocery, since it was Prime. Yeh, I know. Don't say it..
:rolleyes:
I've delivered to Alachua about 4 or 5 times ... stuff I would think would go to a dry DC ... motor oil a couple of times, vacuum cleaners, store displays and a pre load out of Savannah.