Wally World Wanderings - and still the only 20 thread you need to read.

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
A driver.

They just brought in another CSAP guy, who had his phone out the whole meeting emailing himself notes. The Ancient One griped about that too, demanding to know if the guy was on company business on his phone or what because of the "Respect for the Individual" part of the WM culture, until the safety guy said, "I'm taking notes, would you like to see the email?!"

Dude saw a younger person tapping on a smartphone and immediately assumed the worst.

Perspective I guess.

My grandmother used to think even having a radio in a car was a bad idea and would instead hum to herself driving around.

Our second oldest driver is 74. Met him the other night. He's way more laid back.

There was some good information from that meeting too.

Lane deviation crap is being taken out and sent to Bentonville to be mothballed hopefully forever...even though the CSAP manager says, "oh it's probably coming back though..."

He's the kinda guy who buys into EVERY thing that comes down the pike that the average driver would find a PITA. During orientation I distinctly remember him saying he's volunteer to pilot the cameras, cuz that just kinda the way he does things, and because he has them in his safety vehicle too...and because other companies are doing it too...

...and at that point I usually stop listening to prevent my head from exploding...

Any driver that "doesn't mind" an inward facing camera should be ground into fertilizer.

I'd asked in the meeting...to put the thought into people's heads...

"If it's only supposed to record 10 seconds before and after a CER, how can we be told it's not recording all the time...given the 10 seconds before part?"

"Well...it does record all the time, it's just that it's on a loop, and will only upload after a CER..."

And other answers such as "We're not going to be watching all the time" and "They cannot be activated remotely on a whim."

At the end of this brief discussion I simply stated, "There ya go folks, it's recording all the time."

Couple of the 2.5 million guys smiled at me.

I don't think those at the head of the table liked it that much...they didn't smile.

Let's see...what else...

The Acceleration limiter will be removed, as there was no benefit in performance found...

Small changes in cruise control settings...

A change in tire inflation is being considered for possible improvement in traction and tire life on certain drive tires...

6000-7000 new trailers being brought in, with old ones being phased out (forget the timeframe...it's a while)

One guy complained that the new carpenter uniform jeans weren't comfortable enough...(no really...it happened)...

I griped about not having trucks available to slip seat into right away. Sunday night I was 2.5 hours from guard shack to guard shack, after driving in from the Dakotas 5 hours, and giving a heads up by phone and hour out.

"Can we streamline that process at all?"

Turns out it too is fairly temporary, ties in with what trucks are available maintenance wise, extensions, weather shut downs, etc, but if it continues, bring it up again and don't hesitate, because they understand that that long of a turnaround when freight is available is costly...so I was satisfied with that answer.

One store group open for an Ambassador, and a vacancy on the accident/incident committee...

Discussion on the switch to PTO...

Overall it was certainly not a waste of time, though I will NOT BE like one of the guys who drives in for these on his days off...

No, really...it happens...

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
Snow, and tons of line 4 time today. :-/

Only 400 miles but a ton of activity. At some point I'll get to where I can keep a basic running total of earnings in my head...

My first load today was 6 miles away to the Menomonie store LMAO.

not planning on setting any records tomorrow either...this is a pretty big storm...

In other news, since I've dropped into my regular schedule, I'm averaging $230 a week gross more than I was in heavy haul.

I might extend this week...have to see how it goes...

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
So,did ya call Chuck and tell him to come on over,the waters fine. lmfao

Bruce will cry if you bring all his good drivers over .lol
LMAO...you should hear what the grapevine is saying.

Deadhead flatbedders all the way to Two Harbors for LP loads...spotty hit and miss work...no beams next year cuz both guys in charge of both companies don't get along...

Writing been on the wall a few years now...

And I think the QC terminal in Appleton was taken over by Corporate. I suspect the entire affiliate is gone.

Haha.

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
Flat tire in Tomah. Probably going to make me late on my second stop up in the cities.

Same exact grocery load I had yesterday...weird.

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
Crap week.

Eh, they can't all be awesome I guess.

I'm gonna start a thread about slip seating into all these different trucks, and how it gives me a decent look into a person's psyche.

That is to say...this place is not immune to employing crazy people.

Shut up. All of you. That was way too easy a set up, and jimping on it would be lazy.

Sometimes the signs are subtle, other times not so subtle, but it's always amusing.

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
Menomonie, Blaine, Mankato, Lakeville, Burnsville, Mankato, Bloomington, St. Cloud, Bloomington, Rochester, Tomah, Monona...and overnighting on a dry GRO load to play catch up because BOTH our CCOB failed miserably this weekend with the snow...but so far I'll take Marten over Crete any day of the week.

2 more stops down by Racine in the morning...then who knows but this truck has to be back by 6pm.

Yeah, I actually had to pull FDD in a reefer this weekend. my friend did TWO loads out of Mankato.

Had to buy my own coffee this morning too!!

Place is going to the dogs I tell ya.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
So when are you going to post the acronym cheat sheet, so us common folk can follow your drunken like ramblings? Lmao
:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
That's why I hardly ever read this thread any more. Google Translate can't even figure this stuff out.

No idea what this "GRO" stuff is he's hauling around in a reefer instead of groceries. o_O

All I can think of is plant fertilizer. :headscratch2:

Tazz

Infidel
Supporter
Only if your inside when they donit, or we have a new indoc and they make OPS do the cheer.

GRO is grocery as opposed to GM which is not except for pet food, can goods, box goods, and other stuff that comes through an RDC instead of an HVDC.

FDD= Frozen-Dairy-Deli.

Jeesh it isn't that complicated

Rigjockey

Supporter
Only if your inside when they donit, or we have a new indoc and they make OPS do the cheer.

GRO is grocery as opposed to GM which is not except for pet food, can goods, box goods, and other stuff that comes through an RDC instead of an HVDC.

FDD= Frozen-Dairy-Deli.

Jeesh it isn't that complicated
That actually raises more questions than it answers:confused:

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
So when are you going to post the acronym cheat sheet, so us common folk can follow your drunken like ramblings? Lmao
:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
That's why I hardly ever read this thread any more. Google Translate can't even figure this stuff out.

No idea what this "GRO" stuff is he's hauling around in a reefer instead of groceries. o_O

All I can think of is plant fertilizer. :headscratch2:
I wonder if he has to participate in the morning exercise and pep rally at the DC?
I think he joined a cult.:rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh:
That actually raises more questions than it answers:confused:

Muwahahahahahaha!!!

Rigjockey

Supporter
Today, i took a lod of FG to 62 and brought an MT to 13, Then a load of FG to 62 and then an MT to 13. Then all of a sudden, BAM! 2000 or 20K dock (as we call it) needed an mt. Then a load of pkg to 10.
Ya just never know what is going to happen. One minute it is an Mt and next it is a LD. It could be a rollup or barn doors, You just never know.
Non-stop action and suspense.

Hey, this is not my thread. How did I get here? Letting the days go by.........................

Last edited by a moderator:

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Yep.

I took TG, MM and SC to CH to meet up with her KF at MR which is famous for their PB's to anyone who has lived in the JA in the past 50 years. It was a BD event for her GF.

TG only went with because he was good friends with SC's UK and AL back in the 1960's.

Rigjockey

Supporter
Yep.

I took TG, MM and SC to CH to meet up with her KF at MR which is famous for their PB's to anyone who has lived in the JA in the past 50 years. It was a BD event for her GF.

TG only went with because he was good friends with SC's UK and AL back in the 1960's.
Well sometimes that is just the way it goes bro!